• Register
  • Help

Topic: Voyage of Discovery

Share/Bookmark

1st Post using Miroslav and Halion, comments very welcome

Hi all, I've been reading this forum for about a month now and after listening to lots of compositions that have been posted, I thought it was about time I posted one of mine! I have written this piece really as an exercise in using my new computer system (previously using Tascam multitrack and Roland XV5050). The Samples used are Halion Orchestra, Miroslav Philharmonik and some of the free VSL ones that come free with Kontakt 2. This is the first proper orchestral piece that I have written but please feel free to offer any suggestions as this is an area I want to do lots more of.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=658025

Thanks for listening,

Kev.
    Last edited by KeviD; 02-02-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: clearer title

Re: Voyage of Discovery

Wow! fantastic piece Kev. It sounds great, very cinematic. For a first orchestral attempt you are showing amazing potential. You should definitely do more of this type of thing.
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks for having a listen 'bobbind'. I really appreciate your comments. This is the first time I have really played my own compositions to anyone other than family, friends and pets!
    I really want to improve my abilities, so any feedback I can get at the moment is most welcome.

Kev

Keep up the good work. You've got some nice themes here. You're orchestra could do with some balancing though. A bit too loud some places. But very nice themes! I like it how the strings comes in at the start. You probably could try another instrument than the flute, or possibly turn it down a bit.

I'm no expert so I should leave it to others to comment any further...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar
    Keep up the good work. You've got some nice themes here. You're orchestra could do with some balancing though. A bit too loud some places. But very nice themes! I like it how the strings comes in at the start. You probably could try another instrument than the flute, or possibly turn it down a bit.

I'm no expert so I should leave it to others to comment any further...

Chris
    Thanks for listening Chris. I will definitely take note of your comments whilst working on my next piece. I'm glad you liked it overall

Thanks again for the feedback

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

Go Back to forum