• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Miroslav Philharmonik Choir Demo

Share/Bookmark

New Miroslav Philharmonik Choir Demo

Just made a new MP choir demo. Hope to get some feedback from you folks so please have a listen.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=657125

Have a nice day everyone.

Ciao

Re: New Miroslav Philharmonik Choir Demo

Very nice I like it!
    And I think the sound of the samples is really good!
    What do you use as a controller for vibrato and legato?

All the best,
    Roberto

I think that it sounds great!

Well done! Very well made! And I think that the dimin, sound really realistic, as well as the consonants (I will have to dissagree, but everyone on it's own of course...)

And a nice work for choirs as well

Thanks for sharing and informing me of M choirs...

Shantar, this is really nice work I for one have a hard time with the Choirs in Miroslav.. But this gave me some hope..What reverb did you use? Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Very nice I like it!
    And I think the sound of the samples is really good!
    What do you use as a controller for vibrato and legato?

All the best,
    Roberto
    Hi Roberto. Cool that you liked it! I didn't actually use anything to control vibrato or legato. As far as I'm concerned it is not possible to control vibrato is these samples. But the way they're recorded; they sound so expressive just by pressing a single key. I had to spend some time though, moving the notes just to find the sweetspot I was looking for, mostly to avoid the choke-effect. There's no legato in the choir actually, just different syllables (Re-Si-Mi..etc).
    The trickiest part was the small menschoir-part from 0:18->0:3x
    I had to pan some of the notes to get it sound right, if not it would sound like a group of men that was teleproting themselves from one end of the stage to the other everytime I changed the consonants/syllables.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Thanks for sharing and informing me of M choirs...
    You're very welcome...

And btw, thank you for you're kind words... I'm working on a new orchestra-and choir piece right now. I'll post it here once I'm done.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mech289
    Shantar, this is really nice work I for one have a hard time with the Choirs in Miroslav.. But this gave me some hope..What reverb did you use? Joseph
    Hi Joseph. Thank you for your compliments.
    The reverb is the built in Miroslav-reverb, not the CSR but the "REVERB", nr 1 on the list of effect, you know...

The trick to get the choirs sound good is to get to know the samples. I actually "invented" my own language, so to speak, so that it is easier to write choirparts... Since I know every syllables, I think of what the choir should sing before I start writing/recording. I'm sure many other work the same way with MP Choirs. I also try to make the choir a bit mellow since they aren't actually singing anything meaningfull... It would be boring to listen to a "harsh-sounding"" sounding choir singing "Re-Mi-Fa-La-Re-Si-Mi-Re" etc and you would hear the same syllables over and over again.
    I changed the release of all the choir-pathes and the attack of some of them to smooth down hard consonants...
    However, the most important thing is to pay no attention to the metronome. Its just a creative obstacle when trying to make the choirs sound realistic...

Chris

I have Miroslav also so I know what you were doing. A pretty clever manipulation of what is available. I don't think they were intended to be used exactly like that but it wasn't bad.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I have Miroslav also so I know what you were doing. A pretty clever manipulation of what is available. I don't think they were intended to be used exactly like that but it wasn't bad.

Phil
    I actually think they were meant to be used in that way, but I may be mistaken...
    When working with miroslav choirs I've always been inspired by the first official miroslav vitous choir demo that I heard the first time when I got my Roland XV-5080 some years ago. Along with the synth/sampleplayer came an Ilio demo-cd with demosongs from the Vitous orchestra and choirs. I listed to the orchestra and the choir over and over again and could not believe how incredibly realistic it sounded... So I had to check out what this Miroslav Vitous was all about. But when I found out that I had to sell my soul to the devil himself in order to afford it I only dreamt of being able to use the choirs (or the excellent orchestra as well)... Still, I kept listening to the demos though..... And "studied" the syllables so that when I finally got MP I had allready decided how to work with the choir-patches...
    However, this is my third real Miroslav Philharmonik demo ever.. I was a bit dissapointed with the CC-Controller preformance with miroslav and I actually didn't use it for much after I bought it... On the other hand, the latest UPDATE fixed all these problems... Now I find myself only using Miro... IK/SR delayed this update too long... I remember being one of the first to complain about the CC-Controller issue but I guess they were to busy back then to fix it...

Anyways... All problems gone... Happy you all liked my little tune.. Just finished a new song, entitled "The Colossus of Rhodes".... will be posting it on my page soon... Just have to let it rest for some hours and see if there is anything that has to be done before putting it up...

Ciao...
    Chris

Chris, It is funny how you mention that old demo, as I was impressed by it also..I remember going there at least twice a day to hear it. I see that demo is not there anymore..Looking forward to hearing your new piece...It is nice to see what other people are doing with Miroslav also..Joseph..

Go Back to forum