• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do you turn off tuning variations

Share/Bookmark

How do you turn off tuning variations

I having been playing with JABB, mostly the tenor sax, and using the pitch wheel. Sometimes the pitch doesn't come back to tune but slightly off. I know this is a "feature" but is there a way to turn it off as it makes my solo notes noticeably out of tune sometimes after a pitch bend. The VAR controls are set to 0 and the Portmento at 0 as well.

Re: How do you turn off tuning variations

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    I having been playing with JABB, mostly the tenor sax, and using the pitch wheel. Sometimes the pitch doesn't come back to tune but slightly off. I know this is a "feature" but is there a way to turn it off as it makes my solo notes noticeably out of tune sometimes after a pitch bend. The VAR controls are set to 0 and the Portmento at 0 as well.
    What you describe is not a "feature." Pitchbend returned to neutral position should zero the tuning. Are you sure that your pitchbend wheel is sending data properly? Test this by recording data to a track. Move the PB wheel and allow it to spring back to center (neutral.) Check the track data and make sure it actually sent the correct data.

Tom

Re: How do you turn off tuning variations

Hi Tom,

I think my pitchbend wheel is starting to malfunction. I noticed the same thing using other libraries after I posted this. It's time for a new controller anyway as I've beat this one to death for the last few years.

Go Back to forum