• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Converting Files

Share/Bookmark

Converting Files

Hey all. I have a lot of virtual instruments that take much ram.I have GS3 & cubase...... Hardcore bass,trilogy,atmosphere,stylus RMX,Kirk hunters emerald & ruby and I'm planning to buy EWSO Gold.

I want my orchestra to be only GIG. files. I don't want to run them in kontakt or so.

Is there a way to convert them?

Re: Converting Files

I'm sorry but i would do the opposite if i were you. Get Kontakt 2 and translate all your lib(easy) and you will end up loading much more. Plus K2 scripting ability make GS3 looks like ancient technology IMO...K2 is large memory aware. Plus i end up loading much more in K2 even without the large memory thing. Some people disagree with that but it's a fact... At least here. But you need to do something in K2 for that.

In any case, I don't think that you can run EW in anything but the included Kompakt player, or K2.

D

OK. Where do you get kontakt 2? Can you only load 8 instruments? Why did I buy GS3 again?:P

I've never even used it.Becuase I've gotten a blue screen for 1 year now

OK. Where do you get kontakt 2?Kontakt is allways included in virtual instruments..Is that the whole program? Can you only load 8 instruments? Why did I buy GS3?:P

I've never use it.Becuase I've gotten a blue screen for 1 year now

Sweetwater.com has a good crossgrade price for people who already own a kompakt based library. I picked up K2 for $250 and they threw in a tutorial DVD for free.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland
    OK. Where do you get kontakt 2?
    I'm not sure if i can post that here but,.. Assuming you're in the north America,You can get here. It's on sale and it comes with extras like the tutorial so you're in luck!(note that this is a crossgrade from the Konpakt player that you already own.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Kontakt is allways included in virtual instruments..Is that the whole program?
    No, That's just aplayer and you cant import, use script and a whole lote of other things... You'll see!

Can you only load 8 instruments?
    No! you can load 16 instrumenst as a VSTi, and 64 in standalone mode.

Why did I buy GS3?:P
    Good question, i keep asking myself that! LOL

I've never use it.Becuase I've gotten a blue screen for 1 year now
    That's normal. LOL... Seriously, GS3 is a good software but Kontakt is ahead on so many level... and you will most likely not get anymore blue screen.

Good luck!

East West is moving to a new sampler player of their own immediately (I think they actually just released it), and will no longer be using Kontakt for their products, so if you're getting Kontakt just for this reason, you might want to look at the new East West player first.

If you are running your Gigastudio and your sequencer on one system, have you looked at Giga GVI? It would almost certainly get rid of the blue screens and memory limitations because it runs in user mode instead of talking to the Windows kernel directly. You can upgrade to that for cheap as a Gigastudio user through the Tascam site - I believe the upgrade is $75.

I run GS3 and I used to try to run it on the same system as Cubase - that caused all sorts of lockups and blue screens. So I bought a seperate system and ran GS3 by itself on that and it is very stable.. But GVI is a solution for those who want to run both sequencer and sampler off of one PC so that it runs stable! And as you own GS3 it is cheap too.

Thanks for answers.

What's the big difference in GS3 "normal" and GVI?

Why did they release 2 different? One making trouble for your computer and one that doesn't...

They were a bit slow to come with VSTi...

Not that you can install K2 on 3 different Pc, and there's no dongle. GVI has a dongle... EW player will only play EW lib. I think.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast