• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano Samples (request advice please)

Share/Bookmark

Piano Samples (request advice please)

I want to purchase some acoustic piano sounds and was hoping to get some input. I’m looking for pianos that work well in the ballad/rock genre.

I have Gigastudio 3 Orchestra that includes a demo of the PMI Bosendorfer 290 which I like. Can anyone tell me the difference between this demo and the full version?

Also, I like the demo sounds that I have heard of the White Grand. How big is the GS3 version and are there any problematic issues?

My GigaDaw specs: Athlon 64 3500+, 2 Gigs of RAM, 80 Gig system drive, 2 - 300 Gig sample drives in a raid array, RME HDSP 9632.

Any thoughts and experience would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: Piano Samples (request advice please)

Did you know that these are on sale right now? Check out the thread about it, as well as the website (sampletekk.com). You'll be happy.

Edit: Sorry. I see that you have seen the sale thread.

I love the White Grand but it is not my first choice for a ballad. But maybe if you are talking about a dense rock mix it might be the one you are looking for.
    Don't forget to look in the Northern Sounds dedicated Piano forum.

Be sure to check out the black grand too - it might make you happy for ballads. Knowing how much we've all spent on libraries the current prices at Sampletekk are a steal. You should consider getting a couple of them. Maybe buy the 291 and then get White Grand Jr, if you like WG Jr. you can upgrade into the full blown WG!

J-

Be sure to check out the black grand too - it might make you happy for ballads. Knowing how much we've all spent on libraries the current prices at Sampletekk are a steal. You should consider getting a couple of them. Maybe buy the 291 and then get White Grand Jr, if you like WG Jr. you can upgrade into the full blown WG!

J-

Thanks to all for your prompt replies! I have narrowed down my choices and am A, B, C and D......ing all the demos to finalize my top picks for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by DKeenum
    Did you know that these are on sale right now? Check out the thread about it, as well as the website (sampletekk.com). You'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKeenum

Edit: Sorry. I see that you have seen the sale thread.
    The SampleTekk announcement was what got me rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    I love the White Grand but it is not my first choice for a ballad. But maybe if you are talking about a dense rock mix it might be the one you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    Don't forget to look in the Northern Sounds dedicated Piano forum.
    Thanks for the Piano forum referral and your thoughts on the White Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Whaley

The Black Grand Close is one of the winners for me and I may spring for the full WG since the prices are so good. I've enjoyed listening to your demos. Thanks!

Go Back to forum