• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Directions"

Share/Bookmark

"Directions"

This is a lively, little all-GPO thing that I wrote called "Directions".

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Directions"

Nice string writing in this, Larry; and I like
    the flowing lines in it.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nice string writing in this, Larry; and I like
    the flowing lines in it.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I can always depend on your good musical taste to lift my spirits, Mr. Dave.

Thanks, as always.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,
    Enjoyed this playful and good spirited piece. The work has a very early classical sound. Great construction as always ...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Larry, I think I already said this, but you are a very versatile composer. I hear a little bit of one of your pieces and I just want to hear the rest. You always suprise me with your cleverness and creativity.

I came home for work, loaded this one up, closed my eyes and I pictured the kids outside, sledding down the hill in our backyard. Which is pretty good, because it's not snowing, we don't own a sled and I don't have a hill in my backyard.

Cheers,
    Kenny

Hi Larry,

Saturday morning, 11.01 AM, Directions. Don't know which direction, but always the right one. Some see sleighrides, hills, snow while there ain't such things in the garden, some others see a violin section playing with smiles on their faces (I do). When closing my eyes (should I do that?) I see Bach smiling, Scarlatti dancing, Vivaldi conducting and Larry enjoying the winterdays in Texas (as I understood from the TV-news).

Enough poetry..... good morning and well done.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hi Larry,
    Enjoyed this playful and good spirited piece. The work has a very early classical sound. Great construction as always ...

Michael
    The GPO strings are fun to work with.

Thanks for listening.

Best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Long
    Larry, I think I already said this, but you are a very versatile composer. I hear a little bit of one of your pieces and I just want to hear the rest. You always suprise me with your cleverness and creativity.

I came home for work, loaded this one up, closed my eyes and I pictured the kids outside, sledding down the hill in our backyard. Which is pretty good, because it's not snowing, we don't own a sled and I don't have a hill in my backyard.

Cheers,
    Kenny
    My goodness, Mr. Ken. You have a vivid imagination!

Maybe I'll finally become a composer some day.

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Hi Larry,

Saturday morning, 11.01 AM, Directions. Don't know which direction, but always the right one. Some see sleighrides, hills, snow while there ain't such things in the garden, some others see a violin section playing with smiles on their faces (I do). When closing my eyes (should I do that?) I see Bach smiling, Scarlatti dancing, Vivaldi conducting and Larry enjoying the winterdays in Texas (as I understood from the TV-news).

Enough poetry..... good morning and well done.

Raymond
    It's fifty-four degrees Fahrenheit in Texas as we speak and to Southerners that's cold!

Thank you for listening to my efforts. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum