• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Topic: Controlling attack

Share/Bookmark

Re: Controlling attack

Hi-
    I'm having the same problem...even with velocity of 1! Is there something I'm missing?
    HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by nten View Post
    Is there something I'm missing?
    Yes, crank down CC#11 (Expression), start the note and then raise CC#11 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
    I had horrid low velocity response on my last controller. I did find a plugin that would extrapolate lower velocity values based on user-definable curves.

However, this came at the expense of resolution. If a keyboard will only generate 30-40 unique values between 0-127, then all a plug-in will do is spread those out over that range (or compress them farther within that range).

Really, the only solution is better controllers. It saddens me that keyboard controllers have devolved - I don't think there are ANY currently made controllers with even, high-res velocity, release velocity, poly-pressure, etc. Advances in software instrument design could really make great use of these features.

I guess there is a good reason to keep my old Ensoniq TS-10 around.

--Eric
    I find myself using the original Strad far more often because I was able to make the necessary adjustments and tweeks to suit my playing style, combined with my particular controller.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to have the same freedoms with the 2.0 version. I really hope the programmers are reconsidering the policy of not letting the buyer customize their patches to their satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by nhb View Post
    I find myself using the original Strad far more often because I was able to make the necessary adjustments and tweeks to suit my playing style, combined with my particular controller.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to have the same freedoms with the 2.0 version. I really hope the programmers are reconsidering the policy of not letting the buyer customize their patches to their satisfaction.

I am really interested in the Cello as well, but only if I am able to do simple things like adjusting attack velocity.

nhb
    Anyway, Stephen, the idea of creating a plug-in to address this issue is a great one. It would make a huge difference in the playability of this new generation of super-responsive instruments.

Go Back to forum