• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uh Oh!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Uh Oh!

djembe class started today. Dddddddddddjjjjjjjjjjjjeeemeemeemememembeeeee!!!!!

Re: Uh Oh!

EH?

Taiko class is also starting....
    TAAAAAAIIIIIIKOOOOOO!

Or in other words: What are you mumbling about?

Not mumbling.... drumming....
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

hehe, i know what a jembe is.

Yep, down on the farm as a lad, we used to make them JimBobs outa old butter churns and Auntie Gert's corsets. Them days, you had to use what ya had. Today, ya just log on to Musishuns Fiend...

I have about fifteen different djembe libs, several of which work in RMX - and I STILL can't find one groove that makes me want to really play, even with RMX Chaos on, one of my favorite software functions. But I have a friend with a cheap Cost Plus djembe, and we can jam for hours...

I'm getting tired of trying to make samples fit my music - or the other way 'round. Keep practicing, Styxx, pretty soon we'll have to talk Gary into creating the Garritan Realtime Online Sound Stage: in addition to its function as a standard sample lib, you'd have the option to go online into a virtual musician's den - select some potentially compatible people and adjourn to a Practice Room where you can jam together, each with their selected Soundstage Instrument. Or use your plug-in USB mike and add vocals, or play your real horn into the session (all of which can optionally be recorded for later edit, mix, master and distro.) Make it a Private Practice, an Open Audition, a Structured Jam or a Free-for-All.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Dasher - it has to be done!
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    djembe class started today. Dddddddddddjjjjjjjjjjjjeeemeemeemememembeeeee!!!!!
    A great instrument with a rich variety of nuances. Make the drums talk!
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    A great instrument with a rich variety of nuances. Make the drums talk!
    Agreed in the right hands but so far it's been just a nuisance!
    Styxx

It's djembe time!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum