• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: GPO Sibelius Edition

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    GPO Sibelius Edition

    Does anyone know if there are any example scores showing how to call up the various possible articulations in the GPO Sibelius Edition? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get some articulations to work that should be in there (I think) and thought an example page would be very informative and helpful if one exists (rather than asking about articulation by articulation).

    I've had no sucess searching the Sibelius Help site nor the Sibelius Chat group so I figured there might be more collective knowledge over here.

    If any knows of any such support files please kindly let me know. I'm banging my head and it hurts.

    Thanks,

    Greg

  2. #2

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Hi Greg

    Do you have the manual? It pretty much covers everything in there. If you don't, send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

    Best wishes

    Brian

  3. #3

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Hi Brian,

    Yes, I do have the manual. However, not all seems to be working such as the Flute KS. I can get a line trill (with a preset interval). but in manual it says you can also get a chromatic trill with the symbol "tr". However, this isn't working for me (and of course a chromatic trill could be very useful). This is one example. And I wondering if there are other articulations GPO Sibelius Edition is capable of that I'm not aware of.

    I'm sure it must be that I'm doing something wrong. So I thought it might be good to reference some existing examples. I have learned a great deal about Sibelius itself by studying the examples that came with it (and yes I have a book and video tutorials as well). However, I can find no such example files for use with GPO Sibelius edition. I'm sure there are many things I might learn from such a file if it existed.

    I thought there might possibly be such a file and hoped to find it. If you know of anything, please let me know.

    Thanks for your help,

    Greg

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Greg,

    If you email me I can put you in touch with someone at Sibelius. Since this is a Sibelius branded and co-developed product, they may be in a better position to specifically answer your questions. I'll also ask Tom about the trills and perhaps he can chime in.

    Gary Garritan

  5. #5

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Greg,

    If you email me I can put you in touch with someone at Sibelius. Since this is a Sibelius branded and co-developed product, they may be in a better position to specifically answer your questions. I'll also ask Tom about the trills and perhaps he can chime in.

    Gary Garritan
    Hi Gary,

    Thank you so kindly for your offer. I think this is a wonder collaboration and really would like to learn the most I can on how to utilize it.

    Sending you e-mail now.

    Best regards,

    Greg

  6. #6
    Senior Member rpearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,904

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by synergy543
    Hi Brian,

    Yes, I do have the manual. However, not all seems to be working such as the Flute KS. I can get a line trill (with a preset interval). but in manual it says you can also get a chromatic trill with the symbol "tr". However, this isn't working for me (and of course a chromatic trill could be very useful). This is one example. And I wondering if there are other articulations GPO Sibelius Edition is capable of that I'm not aware of.

    I'm sure it must be that I'm doing something wrong. So I thought it might be good to reference some existing examples. I have learned a great deal about Sibelius itself by studying the examples that came with it (and yes I have a book and video tutorials as well). However, I can find no such example files for use with GPO Sibelius edition. I'm sure there are many things I might learn from such a file if it existed.

    I thought there might possibly be such a file and hoped to find it. If you know of anything, please let me know.

    Thanks for your help,

    Greg
    Brian,

    Have you tried adjusting the trill interval using the Properties Panel? The same goes for cresc/dim, gliss, etc.
    Ron Pearl

    Website:

    ronaldmpearl.com

    myspace:

    http://myspace.com/rmpearl

  7. #7

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Brian,

    Have you tried adjusting the trill interval using the Properties Panel? The same goes for cresc/dim, gliss, etc.
    Thanks rpearl. Hi, I'm Greg, the one with the problem. Yes, I know about the Property Panel but that's only for line trills (which work fine), not chromatic trills. You see, with a line trill, you set a fixed interval whereas with a chromatic trill, the interval could vary depending upon the notes in the scale. So a chromatic trill would seem more useful.

    Well, anyways, I'm mostly interesting in finding some examples to study to learn about what I might not already know. Gary has some great tutorials and examples on his site for GPO and I was hoping there might be something similar (even a single .sib file) that I might study for the GPO Sibelius edition.

    Cheers,

    Greg

  8. #8

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Hi Greg,

    If you check out Appendix A in the manual, the only instruments supporting the keyswitch trills in GPO SE are the string section keyswitch instruments - so your flute won't work, I'm afraid. (The solo strings support the GPO "playable trills" but these keyswitches aren't generated automatically by Sibelius playback - however a legato controller is added for all trills played note-by-note by Sibelius playback)

    You may like to copy any more questions you have on using GPO with Sibelius on the SIbelius tech support forum - http://www.sibelius.com/community/index.html

    Best regards,

    David

  9. #9

    Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

    Hi David,
    Thank you for your reply David. I'll check the Appendix for other issues as well.

    And Gary, thank you for the very fast follow up on my question!

    Best regards,

    Greg

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •