• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Now I've really seen it all....

Share/Bookmark

Now I've really seen it all....

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    A bin Laden/Castro look-a-like makes it to Hollywood on American Idol

While many of you maybe voting for Obama.... My vote is for Osama! ...Ya Dog!

Re: Now I've really seen it all....

EDIT: I'm too tired to ramble about Bush and the level of idiocy...

I'll just say that I did not know Idol was on as I watched the SotU.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    EDIT: I'm too tired to ramble about Bush and the level of idiocy...

I'll just say that I did not know Idol was on as I watched the SotU.
    Too late. You quoted me

All I can say is, my heart truly goes out to those men and women fighting in Iraq. And more will be there soon enough. There is nothing anyone can really do to stop it.

GWB is in Wilmington Delaware today. Dawn was stuck in traffic becasue of it and took a shot of the motorcade with her cell.

Sean Michel, The Fidel Castro Of American Idol 6

Sean Michel is twenty-seven years old and is from Bryant, Arkansas. Before his audition, Sean said “Everybody says I look like either Osama Bin Laden or Jesus or Castro or just a homeless bum, but really I think all of us are kind of homeless when it comes down to it. All of us are really poor inside.

I'm not particularly politically minded, and to the extent to which I am, I will not comment-no interest in such discussions, at least not online. I will say however, that seeing this poor chap get funny looks and ignorant comments from the judges p'd me off a lot. I get the "Jesus" comment a lot since I have long brown hair and a beard, even though my hair is almost always tied back. My usual retort is that "Jesus never wore a pony tail, you f!@#$'n idiot". My heart warmed when they dropped their ignorant jaws at the quality of his singing. It saddens me, however, that his fate on the show will likely include more of that kind of b.s.-possibly some unflattering nickname concocted by someone who knows nothing of castro or bin laden, much less what's happening in his own backyard (picture an audience full of teenie-boppers with "El Presidente Go Home" signs)-and then ultimate defeat, as too many of the voting public put too much stock in appearance. Think of it: What percentage of American youth (I mean the kind of youth who can be brainwashed by pop-culture, including the Bush admin and AI-not the college crowd etc.) will champion anyone who looks like "the enemy"? What a shame...ahh well, he's not that good. Chances are someone in the top 5 will actually be a better singer.

Belbin

Kinda makes me glad I don't have T.V.

When I did, all I watched was CNN, Colbert, and Stewart.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Being a former rocker with long hair. I've heard all the Jesus wise cracks too I think what bothered me the most is they did so in an offensive manner. Good thing I wasn't really Jesus, I'd just might have to resort to my special morphing powers "you shall be a duck/mouse/tree/fish/pig/turd - turned inside out .... you were saying?"

I also loved the guys who were offended for whistling at me... "you my child.... will suffer from Shallow Hal syndrome.... have fun!"

The biggest thing I noticed is the next day after I got all my hair cut off, I got pulled over for going 85mph and I was smashing drunk.... and they let me go! Now I know if had still had that hair.... I would of made a Cops episode "His hair is blowing in the wind! that's resisting! pepper spray him and club him until he can't move...after we hand cuff him!"

oops, getting way off topic

I thought he sang pretty good... I liked how their jaws dropped, you know they initially had him targeted to knock

Quite right on all counts, Aaron. One thing I find to the contrary, however, is that the stereotypical longhaired guy=criminal mentality cops are known to have seems to not affect with me. I figure there are two deciding factors: 1) When I open my mouth to speak to a police officer (and it doesn't happen that often-no, really, they can tell right away that I am at least a semi-educated...umm...smart...type....person. Yeah. And; 2) These cops know what a criminal is and what is not. I looked at 250 mugshots while they were looking for the guys that stole my guitar. They don't look like me, and cops today know I don't fit that profile. They see these guys come and go Daily. Funny. I too have driven away from encounters with law enforcement agents with more than the legal amount of alchohol on board. Only difference is that I still had my hair at the time. So I think it would seem that the police character sketches are changing. No more problems with hippies. On to those suburban punks who wear their hats like Will Smith back in the fresh prince days. Sucks to be them. Come to think of it, I seldom even get nasty looks from old ladies anymore, I guess it helps to be stunningly charming and attractive.

End Narcissistic Rant.

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    Sean Michel, The Fidel Castro Of American Idol 6

Sean Michel is twenty-seven years old and is from Bryant, Arkansas. Before his audition, Sean said “Everybody says I look like either Osama Bin Laden or Jesus or Castro or just a homeless bum, but really I think all of us are kind of homeless when it comes down to it. All of us are really poor inside.
    Saw this person and was surprised to hear how well he sung! Again, "Never judge a book by its cover." As for the political carp ... Ha!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast