• Register
  • Help

Topic: True Strike 2 from Project SAM Review

Share/Bookmark

Arrow True Strike 2 from Project SAM Review

I did a review of True Strike 2 from Project SAM for Music4Games. Find it here:
    http://www.music4games.net/Review_Display.aspx?id=58
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Re: True Strike 2 from Project SAM Review

Damn that's long - you like to write, don't you? LOL

I will give a quick summary:

"Bottom Line: True Strike 2 is a unique sounding library that’s well-executed and should become a permanent feature in most composers’ sample-based percussion collection."

Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    I did a review of True Strike 2 from Project SAM for Music4Games. Find it here:
    http://www.music4games.net/Review_Display.aspx?id=58
    Good thourough article.

I am glad you mention the hastle and time consuming element of the install process. I struggled a bit with it, but their tech support was very quick and very helpful.

Have used the library only a little, but quite impressed with what I have been using so far. I look forward to discovering more about it!

i'm picking mine up today.

i guess that is what i have to look forward to?

well, my installation of TS2 was pretty banal. the Mach Five version had a few too many folder levels and as soon as i found the one with the .M5b tag i was ready to go. i just pulled it out of the folders it was in (2 levels too deep) and put it in the machfive sounds folders did a rescan of my samples et voilá!
    ça marche!

the EXS install went equally as trouble free. i just had to move the instruments folder to the correct drive and i was up and running in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by homebilly

the EXS install went equally as trouble free. i just had to move the instruments folder to the correct drive and i was up and running in no time!
    Would you mind describing your installation process? I've never been able to get more than a few EXS instruments to install in the first place, only samples.

True Strike 2 is the next library I try to buy :-)

And after that, I want to buy Gary Garritans Marching Band. I think it would be a very good library to mix in any film- or radiotracks... :-)

for EXS I just loaded in the DVD. it asked me for my serial number. i entered it. then it asked me what format(s) i wanted to install. i chose EXS and it did its thing in about an hour or so.

it installs the samples folder and the instrument folder on the same chosen drive. so i chose to install the 2 on the sounds drive that i have set up for EXS then transfered the instruments folder back to my main hard drive then i was ready to go.

it was really trouble free.

So, I'm thinking of picking up True Strike 2, and I'm trying to decide if I should get it bundled with True Strike 1. How does TS1 stack up against things like Ultimate Orchestral Percussion & London Percussion?

Go Back to forum