• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

Share/Bookmark

Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

(Note: reposting in part to clarify that I am providing, not looking for
    a soundfont...)

(Update - here are some tips to use this soundfont.

1. Keep the sustain on the whole time so the notes can ring to their end. They are not looped. I just drew a straight line for that channel all the way across a blank file and played over it...)

2. You can play rolled chords just like you would on a piano, either slowly or fast.

3. Trills are just like on a piano too - much easier to play than on a regular harp.

Last fall I recorded a folk harp that I had built, and turned it into
    a (large) soundfont with 5 velocity layers. This was my first attempt at
    such a thing, and am wondering what people may think of it.
    Here is a link to an mp3 created from the soundfont:
    You need to click on it, then select the paper-looking icon.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7dd4e527-2.../harparpeggios

The main sf2 is about 60 MB compressed (split into 3 parts), and you can get them from:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/...plit.part1.rar
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/...plit.part2.rar
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/...plit.part3.rar

Nikolas is generously mirroring the file here:
    http://www.cgempire.com/CH/GothicHarpFinalComm.rar

Free (semi-donation-ware) for non-commercial use. If used commercially, please contact me at the below
    email - fee is $20, name in credits would be nice, and tell a friend would be nice. If you enjoy using it, feel free to email me about what you are doing with it (though without attaching mp3s - you can send me a link to them instead).
    I originally pondered selling it, so that I could make money to buy some of Garritan's products. So if you enjoy it, you can consider making a donation to me, which I may apply to a purchase of Garritan products. I have a Paypal account so if anyone would like to donate, or pay the $20 fee for commercial use, send me an email or PM and I will send you a link that you can send money from. Thanks!
    Last edited by yujade; 02-16-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added tips and picture

Re: Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

Brilliant! I will download it. But... where is the "bellow e-mail" you keep mentioning? (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Brilliant! I will download it. But... where is the "bellow e-mail" you keep mentioning? (lol)
    Oops - it is in the info/license file that should pop up! Or a PM.

Jason

Edited first post to include tips. Hopefully I will get a picture of the harp up.

Did you get my Private Message, Jason?
    Cheers,
    Chris

The maximum daily bandwidth for this account has been reached. Please try to download this file another day.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith
    The maximum daily bandwidth for this account has been reached. Please try to download this file another day.

I am not sure what the allotted band width per day is... if it still gives you the error message tomorrow, let me know. I guess a few people were downloading it yesterday.

I am downloading right now...

Slowly but I am.

Once I have it I'll mirror it...

Has anyone been successful getting this file to convert to a GS3 file (from within the GS3 editor, not a third party program)?
    When I tried, it would crash GS3 whenever I tried to play some notes.
    I'd rather not have to convert the 'long' way - althought that would force me to learn the program much better.

Rob

Thanks from me too, Jason. A nice playable instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    Has anyone been successful getting this file to convert to a GS3 file (from within the GS3 editor, not a third party program)?
    When I tried, it would crash GS3 whenever I tried to play some notes.
    I'd rather not have to convert the 'long' way - althought that would force me to learn the program much better.

Rob
    Rob, I first tried converting with Kontakt and it froze everytime. Then I converted it with Halion and all went well. Not that that's much help to you, but I thought I'd mention it....

Tim

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast