• Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Topic: Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

Share/Bookmark

Re: Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Those who manage to import the soundfont in Kontakt 2.2 can use this .nki, if they like. I fixed the mapping issues and added a script, that has depressing the Sustain pedal dampen the strings.

EDIT: Updated to version 1.1.0. More realistic damping.

Yet another update: to v1.1.1. Fixed an issue when restriking the same string.
    Thank you for doing this. I hope my new changes don't mess it up inordinately.

So an out and about question.

Atm this is free, donationware and if used commercialy it needs to be discussed.

Ok.

Now my issue.

I would very much like to donate something, but since there are big chances that I will be using it commercialy at some point of my life, I will have to also buy it.

Apart from PMing you, wouldn't it be possible to let me (us) know what would the price be for commercial use? Because I really applaud you on your efforts, and want to help you any way I can.

EDIT: BTW, should I mirror the new file? Let me know on this...

I just imported it into K2.2 without any problems. All you need is time and patience. It does look like it freezes during parsing, but in fact it doesn't.

It does, however, need some editing afterwards, unless you want to play it with the sustain pedal depressed. And there are a few mapping anomalies, that need to be addressed. Apart from this, it is a beautiful harp. Thanks to yujade for sharing this.
    I noticed a few mapping anomolies in the GS3 conversion too. Maybe that's what GS3 didn't like when it crashed.

Rob

Thank you very much Jason. I look forward to using it. The demos sound very nice.

Cheers

Frank

Thanks for that question - I have been super secret man about it.
    That it because I was unsure how people would like it, and about how much to charge, and about whether it could be used commercially because of the issue I mentioned a few posts previously. Now that the last issue is resolved, I will clarify.

1) I would like a one-time fee for commercial usage. I am not sure what is reasonable, so I will throw out what I am thinking ($20), and if anyone thinks
    that is too high or low, let me know. I will finalize it soon.

2) it would be nice to have my name in any credits, if that is possible for the project you would do.

3) And, finally, if you could tell friends who would use soundfonts about this harp soundfont, I would appreciate that.

About the mirroring - thank you so much, and if you could replace the file with the new one, that would be wonderful. Hope it isn't too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    So an out and about question.

Atm this is free, donationware and if used commercialy it needs to be discussed.

Ok.

Now my issue.

I would very much like to donate something, but since there are big chances that I will be using it commercialy at some point of my life, I will have to also buy it.

Apart from PMing you, wouldn't it be possible to let me (us) know what would the price be for commercial use? Because I really applaud you on your efforts, and want to help you any way I can.

EDIT: BTW, should I mirror the new file? Let me know on this...

Thanks for the answers. Of course credits will be given. I always credit the small gusy that's difficult to tell. EW products are so easy to spot that don't need crediting, and well... I don't... But the small guys, I always do.

The 20$ is a great price in my opinion.

Lastly:

Bandwith exceded for the day... blah blah...

Is there a way to get it somehow so I can mirror it? Would be a shame to wait another day...

My e-mail accounts, can't hold 45 Mb... any other idea?

Try 4sharded: http://www.4shared.com/

I believe they have a 50mb upload limit per file. It's free.

Ok.

New mirror:

http://www.cgempire.com/CH/GothicHarpFinalComm.rar

yujade: If you want add it on the first post so people will be able to find it more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by yujade
    2) it would be nice to have my name in any credits, if that is possible for the project you would do.
    Yes, but what is your name?

Yes, but what is your name?
    Jason Sommerlad

Go Back to forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast