• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

Share/Bookmark

Re: Free 250MB Celtic Harp soundfont

Thank you, nikolas for mirroring it. I didn't have a website that would hold it or allow me to upload that size file, and esnips is free.

I am sorry that conversion doesn't work to GS3 and Kontakt. I am not sure what is wrong, since I haven't worked with those programs.

The mirror:

http://www.cgempire.com/CH/finalgothicharp.sfArk

If you want add it on the first post. Sorry for not posting early... I was kinda busy... :S

Also I have translated the sfz, to Halion format, without any problems... (yet to actually try it in cubase... but... seems to be ok).

I loaded the sfz with Kontakt 2.
    Works with no problems.
    For a free soundfont - excellent.
    Congrats!

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Successfully downloaded the soundfont, but can't seem to get it to load in Kontakt 2. How did you do it?

I just imported it into K2.2 without any problems. All you need is time and patience. It does look like it freezes during parsing, but in fact it doesn't.

It does, however, need some editing afterwards, unless you want to play it with the sustain pedal depressed. And there are a few mapping anomalies, that need to be addressed. Apart from this, it is a beautiful harp. Thanks to yujade for sharing this.

I don't know about K2, but I use CDXtract to translate Sfz to Halion format...

I thought I would let you all know that if you are going to use the soundfont for commercial use, I got an email today that I should reassemble the audio files into a soundfont because I used academic (non-profit) organization computers to assemble the first one. I am working on that right now, and it should be finished in a day or two. I also have reordered the wave files so that all the wavs for a particular note occur together, so it may be easier to
    work with. (for other terms for using the soundfont commercially, send me a PM).

If you are using this sf2 for non-commercial purposes, you can continue to use the one you already downloaded. I will update the main page with the
    new soundfont in the next day or two.

Thanks for all your feedback and encouragement!
    Jason

Those who manage to import the soundfont in Kontakt 2.2 can use the Gothic Harp .nki, if they like. I fixed the mapping issues and added a script, that has depressing the Sustain pedal dampen the strings.

EDIT: Updated to version 1.1.0. More realistic damping.

Yet another update: to v1.1.1. Fixed an issue when restriking the same string.

v1.3.0 adds a muting effect, when notes are played pedal-down.

Thanks, Yujade, for all your hard work and making this available to us.

Carl

I have finished the new version of the soundfont. I think I fixed some velocity mappings. I have update the post with the link to the new one, and have taken down the old one. If you have any problems with the new one, let me know. I apologize for any inconveniences.

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast