• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NAMM Report #1 - What We Showed at NAMM

Share/Bookmark

NAMM Report #1 - What We Showed at NAMM

Hi All,

I am back from the NAMM show. This was our busiest show and there’s a lot to write about. I'll break my report into several posts. Pictures will follow soon. Here is what we were showing at this year's NAMM:
    Gofriller Solo Cello - We showed the new Gofriller Solo Cello and people were very impressed. The work that Giorgio and Stefano have done is nothing short of amazing and we hope to have this library to market in just a few weeks.

The Authorized Steinway Piano - We previewed the official Steinway Piano library using our new sample player (with the GUI designed by Steinway’s artists). Many people played it including Pat Valentino and Kevin Kirn. The comments were that this was the most expressive and responsive piano that faithfully captured the Steinway sound.

The New Sample Engine and Drag & Drop Interface – We previewed our new sampler at the NAMM show. Our new drag and drop interface was also demonstrated at the show and there was much excitement from industry leaders and attendees. The new sampler developed by Plogue worked perfectly throughout the show on an Intel MacBook (also running Windows). In addition to an intuitive GUI, the underlying 64-bit sample engine is extremely robust, capable of handling advanced DSP, HD-MIDI programming, low latency convolution and a whole lot more.

Concert and Marching Band - We also previewed the new Concert and Marching Band library which should be released in the weeks ahead.

We also showed a new book by legendary jazz master Chuck Israels: “Exploring Jazz Arranging Using the Garritan Jazz/Big Band Library".

Mackie announced Garritan Personal Orchestra bundled with Mackie Products including Tracktion 3 and their line of mixers.

And Cakewalk will be bundling Garritan Pocket Orchestra with one of Cakewalk's best selling products - Sonar Home Studio 6 XL. We also will be coming out with more Cakewalk libraries.
    It was great to meet many forum members (Giwro_jon, Hiroaki, Wheat Williams (there with the Moog Foundation), Houston (who was representing Arturia)), Nick, Chris, gpax, among many other others. Thanks all for taking time to visit us.

Gary Garritan

Re: NAMM Report #1 - What We Showed at NAMM

This is exciting news. Congratulations, Gary on a very successful NAMM show.

One disappointing thing that I have heard from the Mackie Tracktion forum and KVR Tracktion forum is that the new T3 will not support aftertouch. Neither T1 nor T2 have it either. I know that JABB (and some extent GPO) rely on this for vibrato and without it, consequently, no vibrato for Tracktion users.

Maybe you have some pull and can find out if it is planned for the future. I have had to go back to the old Cubase 5.1 to get the aftertouch feature. Than I have to port the audio files to Tracktion 2 for mixing with their fine tools and engine.

I know that there are not many users presently using Tracktion but for newcomers to GPO through Tracktion 3 will be disappointed in their results without the use/recognition of aftertouch.

Other than that (a pet peeve of mine toward Mackie) I can't wait to hear some of the demos form the new Steinway, Gofriller, Marching Band and Drag and Drop Sampler engine (Garritan Personalized Stage Environ) or what ever it will be called.

Best of luck on these new offerings!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

We also showed a new book by legendary jazz master Chuck Israels: “Exploring Jazz Arranging Using the Garritan Jazz/Big Band Library".
    Gary Garritan
    Is this book shipping yet and if so who is selling it?

Keith Walls

Wow, quite a lot of action going on!

Maybe they should rename it the Garritan NAMM... lol!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I hope we'll see pictures of the Steinway Authorized Piano soon, and mp3s audio demos too .

Congratulations for this successful show !

Quote Originally Posted by K-Slash
    I hope we'll see pictures of the Steinway Authorized Piano soon, and mp3s audio demos too .

Congratulations for this successful show !

Some pictures of the Steinway would be fantastic. Also, when is the planned shipping time for this Gary?

Cheers,
    -Art

Thumbs up Re: NAMM Report #1 - What We Showed at NAMM

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The New Sample Engine and Drag & Drop Interface In addition to an intuitive GUI, the underlying 64-bit sample engine is extremely robust, capable of handling advanced DSP, HD-MIDI programming, low latency convolution and a whole lot more.
    64 bit engine?! HD-MIDI?! Gary, you are presenting a product from the future!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Do we know the price of the Steinway yet??

Congrats Gary on the show, very succesfull as we see

I thought it was my imagination that this year's NAMM show was the busiest, but here is the official tally:
    105th NAMM SHOW CLOSES WITH RECORD-BREAKING FINISH

Vibrant Show Sets Positive Tone for Music Products Industry's 2007 Sales Year

NAMM, the trade association of the international music products industry, today announced final registration and exhibitor numbers for the 2007 NAMM Show. At show close, NAMM reported a 4 percent increase in overall registration for a grand total of 84,695 registrants. The association previously announced breaking the all-time record of exhibitors with 1,535 companies displaying products at this year's NAMM Show. International attendance showed an 8 percent increase for a total of 9,889 registrants from more than 100 countries.

Go Back to forum