• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt multis for EWQLSC

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt multis for EWQLSC

I've just bought Kontakt 2 and am trying to work out how to use the womens and mens choirs Kontakt multis. I can get them to work in Sonar using Kontakt as a plugin and using wordbuilder as an effect, but when I try to use Kontakt and Wordbuilder as standalone I cannot play the notes on the keyboard as I get multiple notes and seemingly random sounds between the 2 combined choirs. Is this supposed to happen? If I'm writing out words in wordbuilder it is a pain to have to do it through playing a midi in sonar every time - much easier to play the notes on the keyboard, make sure I am setting the words right in wordbuilder and if not, tweak it so that I am. Is this possible?

Also when I load the multi into Sonar my mod wheel seems to be ineffective. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Lloyd

Re: Kontakt multis for EWQLSC

Hi Lloyd,

Have you tried the EW forum? The producers are there and many, many users of said product. Not that you can't find answers at NSS but you may have better luck on the EW user forum.

Best,
    FB
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by l.buck
    I've just bought Kontakt 2 and am trying to work out how to use the womens and mens choirs Kontakt multis. I can get them to work in Sonar using Kontakt as a plugin and using wordbuilder as an effect, but when I try to use Kontakt and Wordbuilder as standalone I cannot play the notes on the keyboard as I get multiple notes and seemingly random sounds between the 2 combined choirs. Is this supposed to happen? If I'm writing out words in wordbuilder it is a pain to have to do it through playing a midi in sonar every time - much easier to play the notes on the keyboard, make sure I am setting the words right in wordbuilder and if not, tweak it so that I am. Is this possible?
    Check your midi in settings in Kontakt. The only one you want ON is the midi out from Wordbuilder. Make sure that the midi channel directly from your keyboard is OFF in Kontakt. This is what will cause your random pitches.

When you have both ON (from Wordbuilder and your keyboard) then Kontakt is playing the pitch directly from your keyboard as well as the pitch determined by Wordbuilder.

Does this make sense?

Thanks so much! I was being an idiot! I'm still getting used to using the library and have only just bought Kontakt 2, and there are so many midi interfaces on my PC it is a pain working out how they work together.

Cheers

Lloyd

Go Back to forum