• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Emperor arrived- what a stunning piano

Share/Bookmark

Emperor arrived- what a stunning piano

Worra and Michael Post

I just have to post. I have just received and loaded Emperor into Kontakt2 and I must tell someone.

K2 EMPEROR FULL Multi, It sounds stunning.

Thanks MP for creating and Worra for a great deal.

regards

john

Re: Emperor arrived- what a stunning piano

I noticed that you already own Ivory. How would you compare Emporor with Ivory in terms of realism and playability?

I am thinking about getting a few more of the Sampletekk instruments while the sale is going on (I already bought 5) and the Emporor and Old Lady are two that I am considering.

Cheers,
    Kenny Long

Hi Kenny

I bought Ivory just a week before I received Emperor, so still comparing.

I also own Steinbergs Grand2, Old Lady, EastWest/Bosendorfer290 which is PMI. They are all very acceptable.

I am using Emperor in Kontakt2 and I can hear the sound of the piano inside the actual body/case. Hard to explain really, but I have not felt/heard this on any of my other pianos, including Ivory.

Of the three Ivory's, Steinway is the best in my opinion, then the Yamaha.
    Not so keen the Bosendorfer.

I still really like the East/West Bosendorfer290, and would not be without it.

But if I had to make a choice if I was only allowed one, it would be Ivory.

Which of the 5 you bought, do you rate as the best?

john-studio64

Hi, John!

Since you have both the Emperor and EastWest Bosendorfer 290, I'd like to know how one is different from the other with regards to sound and playability. I know this is quite a vague question but any thoughts on this would be well appreciated.

Hi electone

First of all, thanks again for your help on the Ivory thing.

The irony is, since you helped me to get Ivory S A working on my main DAW, my internet computer, where Ivory was working ok, has overnight slowed down to a crawl, so it looks as if I only have one usable computer now. Thats another story.

Anyway, I don't know about you, but some days "Piano A" sounds the best, and other days "Piano B" wins. the same goes with all my pianos, and as I am typing this, wondering why I have so many.

They sound very different to me, I have owned the E/W B290 for a long time now, and I really got to know how to tweak it in the Kompakt Player, so I have fine tuned some patches, that I am very happy with.
    You can also load the same patches into Kontakt2 and then add scripts, and convolution etc. Endless fun but very little creativity.

I have not learned how to deep tweak in Kontakt2 yet, which is where I am using Emperor, so I am using the patches that came with it.
    I have a real Yamaha U1/Wooden case piano which gives out some great resonances, and I can hear that in Emperor. That is with a dedicated K2 patch.

Probably not much help, you've got to hear it.

What sample player do you use?

regards

john-studio64

Among my piano collection is the EW B290, but I'm still thinking I should pick up the Emperor. For $25 how could I go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DKeenum
    Among my piano collection is the EW B290, but I'm still thinking I should pick up the Emperor. For $25 how could I go wrong?
    Exactly!

john-studio64

Thank you, John, for your comments. They helped me realize that, really, no particular sampled piano is THE best or better than another. I go round-robin with my sampled pianos just like you and I hardly get any work done!

And at $25, I'd be a fool not to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by electone2007
    I go round-robin with my sampled pianos just like you and I hardly get any work done!
    Me too. Here's my list, EW Bos290. Old lady, All vintaudio pianos, Schimmel Braunschweig Upright, Art Vista VGP, Malmsjo acoustic, White grand, WG Sister, WG Jr, Black grand Amb and close, SG88, TBO, TSO, 7CG jr, etc. I have a few of these in both K2 and GS3 versions.
    I am also wondering what the Emperor can do for me that the EWBos290 cannot. Definitely an overkill, but I will probably still end up getting the Emperor.

My Favorites: White Grand, amd Black Grand Ambient.

Quote Originally Posted by studio64

The irony is, since you helped me to get Ivory S A working on my main DAW, my internet computer, where Ivory was working ok, has overnight slowed down to a crawl, so it looks as if I only have one usable computer now. Thats another story.

john-studio64
    Well, the other story is, that my internet computer got infected with a trojan, which places a folder called "qbothome" in "Docs and Settings/All users. I spotted a file in Task manager/processes using 99 CPU.

I use F-secure which did not detect it, and looking on the net, no other Virus detecting software seems to be aware of it yet.

I sent the files to F-Secure who confirmed that it steals passwords etc.

I have no idea where it came from, I am very choosy about which sites I visit.

Keep a look out

regards

Go Back to forum