• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi message for tune control?

Share/Bookmark

Midi message for tune control?

Hi all,
    I know its possible to control the volume, pan and the VAR controls etc with cc# messages from a sequencer or score writing software. Is it possible to do the same with the tune control?

David

Re: Midi message for tune control?

Unfortunately, not with the Kontakt 1.5 player. Tuning must be adjusted from the interface of the player.

Tom

Tom!
    Thankyou so much for replying. I just needed to simulate the use of a capo device(cejilla) for the J&BB acoustic guitar.

David

Hi, David

"...I just needed to simulate the use of a capo device(cejilla) for the J&BB acoustic guitar..."

A capo shifts the scale of a guitar, especially useful for alternative chord tunings. How would it be detected by a listener if a virtual guitar is supposed to have been shifted with a capo--? It's all a matter of what notes are being played, isn't it--?

rbowser

Hello, rbowser It is possible to detect a flamenco guitarist playing with the capo on the 2nd or higher. Flamenco is played using traditional chord formations. In some cases it makes hard chords a bit easier. Its also useful for singers who prefer a certain pitch. Usually flamenco sheet music will inform the player of the position of the capo, but the actual sheet music notation isn’t increased so many semi tones higher. Basically is nice to have the tone that the composer intended without altering the notation. I know I can create presets on the JABB player with different capo positions using the tone control. If one is using notation software, it would be more convenient to insert a midi message at the beginning of the piece to increase the tone. Its really only important if you’re a flamenco or classical guitarist as I am. To do more with convention rather than the for the listener. rbowser! Going off topic, but as you are an experienced Sonar user. is it necessary to reload the same samples every time into the GPO or JABB player if different compositions use exactly the same samples? Kind regards David

Go Back to forum