• Register
  • Help

Topic: Black Grand or Ivory in a Sound Module???

Share/Bookmark

Black Grand or Ivory in a Sound Module???

I'm just curious how many people would be interested in something like this?
    I think it would be nice not to have to worry about a huge piano sample library taxing your CPU. Instead you could use it in a small midi sound module, almost like what Kurzweil did with the micro piano many years ago.

I'm very surprised that no one has developed anything like this. Can't this be done technologically yet. I would think it can, but maybe it's just too expensive to produce. In other words, having the same quality as the Black Grand or Ivory, but in a rack. I'm sure people that are playing live gigs would love something like this. It certainly would be much more robust than carrying a laptop around. Well, just maybe someone is showing a new product like this at NAMM right now.

Tom

Re: Black Grand or Ivory in a Sound Module???

I think he is suggesting a relatively inexpensive dedicted unit that just holds some top end sample pianos. I am guessing you are thinking about a $200.00 price point.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Yes, I'm looking for a dedicated rack sound module for just piano
    that would be comparable sound-wise to the Black Grand and Ivory.
    I wouldn't be opposed to paying $300-500 if the quality was at least comparable to either of these two pianos.

Another use for this module (for me) would be upgrading the sound of
    my Yamaha GranTouch digital piano at home. The real wood action is excellent on this piano and with these high quality samples it would really
    bring the GranTouch up another level.

Tom

There is nothing out there yet, at least as far as I know. Now I wonder if modeling might be viable in a hardware module? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfetho
    Yes, I'm looking for a dedicated rack sound module for just piano
    that would be comparable sound-wise to the Black Grand and Ivory.
    I wouldn't be opposed to paying $300-500 if the quality was at least comparable to either of these two pianos.

Another use for this module (for me) would be upgrading the sound of
    my Yamaha GranTouch digital piano at home. The real wood action is excellent on this piano and with these high quality samples it would really
    bring the GranTouch up another level.

Tom
    Clavia's Nord Electro actually uses subsets of the Black Grand, White Grand, Rain Piano, Vertikal and TBO as pianosamples!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum