• Register
  • Help

Topic: "V" for "Vista"

Share/Bookmark

"V" for "Vista"

In the February 2007 edition of EQ Magazine there's an article titled "V" FOR "VISTA" written by some obscure figure named Garry Garritan.
    Serge

Re: "V" for "Vista"

Gosh, that name sounds familiar...

"V" for "Vista"?????

It's "B" for "Vendetta"!!!!!

http://colonelcrush.com/movie/index/00070000#5

Can you post the article, we have ice on some of our bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Can you post the article, we have ice on some of our bridges.
    I think the article is too recent for there to be a link. I did get permission to post the Jim Allchin Interview portion which is posted here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=49863 I'll let you know when a link becomes available.

I wish to thank Pat Azzarello, Steve Hall, Arif, Larry O, Eric Schmidt, Jim Allchin and the other folks at Microsoft for their assistance with the article. BTW: We have been in touch with MS and we are pleased to report that our new sampler is working fine in Vista.

Leaf, I hope the ice on your bridges melted away.

Gary Garritan

Thanks! It's melted in a few hours.

I'm using Finale 2007 with the Full GPO on Vista... or trying to. I've installed the GPO "second edition" and Finale 2007 (without the Finale GPO) as Administrator. Note that I do not install Finale (2007 or pervious versions) under C:\Program Files. Then running Finale (or the standalone GPO) works fine if I run as administrator. If I try running Finale or the standalone GPO as myself (even though I have administrator privileges) I get two errors. The first is simply "Application installation error. Please reinstall Gar.." etc There seem to be no log files or anything to help determine what might be wrong with the installation.

If I continue under Finale, and loading a score which uses the GPO, and opening up "Native Instruments VST setup", I get the error "Missing requested plugin: Garritan Personal Orchestra for bank #1"

I have copied the contents from the C:\Progarm Files\Finale 2006\Finale VST folder created during the GPO installation into my Finale 2007\Finale FST folder. Any ideas how to debug the problem or workaround it besides always using Administrator to work with FInale? I have everything setup as my user and nothing setup as administrator so that is really unfriendly.

Best Regards,
    Michael

Go Back to forum