• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 5 Star Sale | Save 25%

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up 5 Star Sale | Save 25%

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media

The promotional link will close 12:00am EST 01/26/07
    This promotion has now expired. All orders prior to 01/25/07 have shipped. Orders placed on 01/25/07 will ship on 01/29/07.

Best to all always,
    Bela D Media.com

In celebration of Bela D Media’s second 5 star review, Anthology: Celtic Wind is now on sale! Save 25% off of MSRP!

Offer ends, 01/26/07.

“…Authentic? Very much so!”

“…The sound is top-notch!”

“…Incredible value for the money!”

“…If Celtic wind instruments are what you are after, you should look no further, as Bela D Media has done it right again!”

Sound on Sound Magazine 2007

Buy Now!

Hobbits Theme - LOTR

The Complete 5 Star Review

Bela D Media Anthology Volume 1: Celtic Wind

Bela D Media have settled on the new ethos of 'Authentic, Advanced, Affordable', with the launch of this new library. The first in a series of ethnic sample collections, Anthology Volume 1 is dedicated to Celtic Wind, covering the usual flute suspects, through reedy accordions and a concertina to the more esoteric Bombarde and Celtiberic War Horn, via both Highland and Uilleann Pipes.

Authentic? Very much so. Respected European session player Eduardo Tarilonte came onboard to oversee (and sometimes play on) this library. There are multiple layers, plenty of articulations and everything from key clicks to bag noise captured in 24-bit glory. Packaged into a Kontakt 2 format (with Giga to follow if they can find a way to replicate the complex scripting), Celtic Wind comes complete with its own instrument graphics. More importantly, the sounds are top notch, with no glaring noise or excess hiss.

Advanced? Yes — but not in the traditional sense. Bela D Media have decided not to enter the "I've got more samples than you" contest. In fact, the entire library comprises only 15 separate patches, including left-hand and right-hand patches for instruments like the accordion. Instead, the laudable goal has been to make every single sample count, by making the patches endlessly flexible and their full capabilities easily accessible. Keyswitches and a well-designed custom patch window within the Kontakt 2 interface make tweaking a cinch, with the crucial controls falling easily to hand.

The reason for including so few patches becomes clear the instant you load one: perhaps Bela D Media should have added an extra word to the alliteration — 'Accessible' — as it's really the scripting that raises a well-recorded library to another level entirely. The closest comparison I can draw is with the VSL VI libraries, with their own custom player. You load the instrument you want and then keyswitches and controllers can change articulations on the fly (if the cunning scripting hasn't already done it for you through speed, legato or other detection routines). Much of this is thanks to the Kontakt 2 platform, but it is a refreshing change to have it all sorted for you on day one, allowing you play straight away, rather than spend valuable composing time tweaking MIDI and scripting.

Affordable? Definitely. The nine instruments with 15 patches each are great value at this price — even before you consider the excellent impulse response for the Church of the Redeemer that comes as part of the package.

Normally, seeing this price tag would make me run a mile, in fear of nasty sampling processes, a lack of articulations and limited layers, but in this case it represents incredible value for money. For me, the VSL comparison holds true, and if Celtic wind instruments are what you're after, you should look no further, as Bela D Media have done it again.

Hilgrove Kenrick
    SOS Magazine 2007
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: 5 Star Sale | Save 25%

Frank!

The only thing saving me from buying the library (purely for financial reasons, as the library is BRILLIANT!) is that I don't have Kontakt2... Yet with offers for Kompakt offers, I might not resist.

Damn you for making such good products Bela D. Media! And at such prices!

Oh I am gonna be oh-so dead when my credit card statement comes next month. Have you no shame man? Have you know shame?!

Nikolas,
    I just bought K2 the other day and it is amazing. I cant believe how long it took me to get it but now that I have it, it's going to be hard to NOT buy things like Giovanni (the pressure is crushing) and KH's Emerald and such. If you do get K2, also get the Tutorial DVD which is amazing in itself.

Eric

Dear Eric,

I cannot state why but do NOT by Giovani! Wait!

Francis

I love it when a developer tell you not to buy their product!

(It means something VERY good is in the works...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    Dear Eric,

I cannot state why but do NOT by Giovani! Wait!

Francis

Ahh but how do we need to wait LOL and will this offer be available in the UK too?

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

But,but....... . Trying....to...put...away....cre...cre...credit..c ard. Atleast now I dont have to feel bad about not owning it yet. I've been told not to. Wait a minute! You havent been talking to my girlfriend have you ? And to think I thought she wanted what was best for me . I'll wait for now I guess.

LOL. Just trust me. I don't wish to sell you something for X when you can save Y. We try our best to be very fair, etc.

Thanks everyone,
    FB

Eric, will definately think about it... Be sure on that! I know I will need K2...

Frank:

This is a first!

You still amaze me! Saying to a customer (potential) to wait because somethign better, price wise, or product wise will come along pretty soon, is AMAZING, unique, FAIR beyond words!

I just feel... great to be able to post with you RIGHT NOW! I honestly do!

BTW the hobbits tune sound fabulous... GRRRRRRRRRRRR Have to resist...

Maybe Eric can give me his credit card number?

In all truth: The only one with Visa in the family is my wife. Stealing my wife overnight is bad, isn't it? Have to find another way... A different way... Maybe sweetalk could work... :P

It appears that when girlfriends becomes wifes, it'ws even worst! Eric beware! lol!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast