• Register
  • Help

Topic: New piano?

Share/Bookmark

New piano?

http://www.truepianos.com/

Hmm - it'd be interesting to see how this stacks up against my libraries.

Re: New piano?

Antoher piano, another Chopin Etude... uhm...

How many new pianos in 2007?

10? 100? 1000?

:-)

Very dissappointed that there are no major new string libraries.

The last thing needed is another piano.

Only hope is AI's.

NO MORE PIANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ew has a new piano at 150 GB in total (for 4 pianos) !!!!!!!!!!

Strings? GOS2 will (hopefully) be released in 2007. Gary? And anyways, as every pianist needs to play a little Bach and a little Chopin, same with sampling companies. Each company needs to have a piano. hehe

I do think that variation makes things better. For someone maybe a 50$ piano is better than a 500$ one. Maybe a less velocity layers is what he's looking for (who knows really...) There's absolutely nothing wrong with more products really...

The idea that prices may go up or down is scaring me though?

Cause, while, many products mean less monopoly and thus prices would eventually drop somehow... the research and money it takes to build and library, or a modelling software, is huge, so eventually one needs to make up for this money and make up profit! These two above ideas clash! :-/

Apart from the ranting!

The 4th etude by Chopin is one of my favourite, and my fingers are way to big for it to be easy playing... so I never ever study it.

It sounds pretty good I have to admit. Especially the pedal...

Much impressed here. But of course I already have another library... so I'm probably fine...

Quote Originally Posted by daw32965
    Very dissappointed that there are no major new string libraries.

The last thing needed is another piano.

Only hope is AI's.

NO MORE PIANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MUCH MORE PIANOS AND MUCH MORE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    The 4th etude by Chopin is one of my favourite
    I love it played by Maurizio Pollini (I proudly announce that Pollini lives in Milano, as me; but the similarities between he and me end here).

hehe...

I have a Horowitz recording, rather old... I know that he's not the perfect Chopin performer, much better with the Russian school, but HECK! that etude needs the energy, and he's giving it.

Sorry OT...

I don´t know if we REALLY need a new piano, BUT........

1.It doesn´t sound bad (maybe better than Pianoteq´s attempt to create a hybrid piano)

2. I like the video. Indeed things like note stealing or harddisk alarm when streaming with a notebook in a live situation are horrible. Maybe this plugin can overcome these shortcomings of sampled pianos.

3. The price is right (144 EUR).

Even if I don´t need another piano (and so says my wife) I´ll definitely try the demo once the Mac version is out

Regards
    Raindog

Go Back to forum