• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What;s everyone doing with NOTION these days?

Share/Bookmark

What;s everyone doing with NOTION these days?

Seems very quiet on this forum. Personally, I have been exploiting the bar repeat function in the newest upgrade and began composing a minimalist/film scor Christmas piece that sounds a little like Arvo Part mixed with Michael Giacchino's LOST style (tense viola tremolos). It's a lot of fun.

I'll post a link later tonight of some of it.

Re: What;s everyone doing with NOTION these days?

Hi

I have been busy with a couple of projects -- enjoying my new Percussion and Brass sound packages (Holiday gifts). I had thought of, and perhaps will, post a comment concerning my thoughts on the new rhythym kit a bit later in the day.

Hawksong

I like Arvo Part. Your music sounds interesting; I would love to hear it!

I wrote a little overture recently with Notion, that I am happy to share. It's loud and crashy for the most part:

http://www.terminus1525.ca/node/42743

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    I like Arvo Part. Your music sounds interesting; I would love to hear it!

I wrote a little overture recently with Notion, that I am happy to share. It's loud and crashy for the most part:

http://www.terminus1525.ca/node/42743
    I like it, John!

Thanks, Jason!

I second Jason's comments. I like the kinetic pacing and variety in the orchestration. It's almost pointillistic in places. Nice job!

Thanks for commenting, Davecos. It was lots of fun to write! John

Cool Re: What's everyone doing with NOTION these days?

What's everyone doing with NOTION these days?

umm... does 'Awaiting its arrival' count as a valid answer, here?
    "The biggest difference between violins and violas is that violas burn longer." - Unk.

Re: What's everyone doing with NOTION these days?

What's everyone doing with NOTION these days? In my case, nothing. I had the Demo, then downloaded the version for the competition - which is now time-expired. But I find that instead of reverting to a non-saving demo (with which I could still play the various things I did in NOTION) I'm out of the loop entirely - I can't use NOTION at all.

It's a shame, really, since I'm not going to buy NOTION for a while (I'll wait until a few more things work). So I've laboriously transcribed my NOTION scores into Sibelius (no way to port them!). The print limitations of NOTION make this a bit of a problem since my orchestral scores have to be 'printed' to A2 in .pdf and then make to fit A3 - a tiny stave size to use if you're half blind. (While NOTION was still live I could have the NOTION score on screen at 200% zoom (which I can read with difficulty) as well as Sibelius and read one while inputting into the other).

Playback in Sibelius isn't nearly as good as NOTION for full orchestra sounds, though I have a range of solo strings in GPO and the Sibelius Rock and Pop collection to play with. And it's a lot more fiddly - I do miss NOTION's simple playback mechanism.

It's a matter of waiting now to see if NOTION becomes more tractable before Sibelius playback catches up, or vice versa.

I hoping to win the compitition or at least win a copy of the program. I love it and miss working in it.

Go Back to forum