• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod Wheel

Share/Bookmark

Mod Wheel

Very new to the Garritan world but not to VI's. I'm using a Roland JV-30 as a controller with JABB, both standalone and with Digital Performer. The mod wheel on a JV-30 cannot be locked open. Anybody know how I can reassign the JABB player modwheel so that it either stays open, or responds to another control?

Re: Mod Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by zedboy
    Very new to the Garritan world but not to VI's. I'm using a Roland JV-30 as a controller with JABB, both standalone and with Digital Performer. The mod wheel on a JV-30 cannot be locked open. Anybody know how I can reassign the JABB player modwheel so that it either stays open, or responds to another control?
    What do you mean by locked open? Do you mean that after playback in Digital Performer it always zeroes the CC1 (mod wheel) and you want it to keep your current level?

If that's the case, I imagine there is a setting within Digital Performer that will prevent this. (I had this issue in Sonar).

Hi

From what I remember the mod control of the JV-30 is on a spring that returns the control to zero. It's a while since I've seen a JV-30, but I think it's possible to assign a data slider to cc 001. If that's the case, then you use that instead of the mod wheel.

Good luck
    David

Thanks. I was able to reassign a slider. This has saved me buying a new controller. If anybody else has this problem, post and I'll explain what I did.
    Thanks again.
    Michael

whatever you do, please don't finish your project with all the mod wheel data uniform, it should "modulate" like a real player would.

Dan

Go Back to forum