• Register
  • Help

Topic: Welcome to the Logic Pro/EXS24 Section

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Welcome to the Logic Pro/EXS24 Section

Welcome to the new Logic Pro/EXS24 Section. This has been a highly anticipated area due to popular demand.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...splay.php?f=96

enjoy

PaPa Chalk & Desound

Re: Welcome to the Logic Pro/EXS24 Section

Great!

My apologies to PaPa Chalk and the other mid(s) for doubting them.

Let me get the ball rolling with my Excellent and Affordable for the EXS24 list:

1. Redmatica productes including EXSmanger Pro, Autosampler, and soon Keymap.
    2. KHSO Emerald, soon hopefully, Ruby.
    3. Sampletekkk Seven Seas Grand and Tubed Wurlie and all their other pianos.
    4. Vintaudio Clean Guitars
    5. Project Sam products

BTW, anyone know of a native EXS24 Hohner Pianet library? Scarbee's is good but he does not do it for EXS24.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

hi there......

The main reason why a Logic user is going to want to use the EXS24, rather than another soft sampler is sheer convenience. The screens of the EXS24 do not look better or have more features. and now 3, blows the doors off the EXS24 in terms of features, effects, routing, time-stretch modes, and types of filtering, envelopes, lfos, and other processors.....

Well, there are a few additional reasons, at least for me:

1. EXS24 seems to be very solid and efficient. I have yet to find a breaking point in terms of number of instances of EXS24 on my Macbook Pro.

2. Simplicity - I can load a solo french horn patch and quickly change the adsr and assign the mod wheel to expression and filter and create a very musical instrument for my purposes. I like the fact that all of this is quickly accessed from the main screen.

3. With Keymap I can create a basic multisample patch very quickly and fine tune it in EXS24 in no time.

Also, I find myself bussing to effects or using inline effects more than built-in effects, so that aspect of Kontakt (or other VIs) is not really that useful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rosetaylor01 View Post
    hi there......

The main reason why a Logic user is going to want to use the EXS24, rather than another soft sampler is sheer convenience. The screens of the EXS24 do not look better or have more features. and now 3, blows the doors off the EXS24 in terms of features, effects, routing, time-stretch modes, and types of filtering, envelopes, lfos, and other processors.....

Cheers!
    I am shanewarne.I am newbie here.I like to share my knowledge with you.
    Thanks.

check out logicprohelp as well. they seem to have a more active group then what is here.

Go Back to forum