• Register
  • Help

Topic: Language problem - manual GPO

Share/Bookmark

Language problem - manual GPO

Good morning,

since I have GPO I thought that the "hidden" controls were really hidden and somehow already compiled into the samples. In my option and understanding hidden really means hidden and not accessible. But curious as I am, recently I applied (in Sonar) the use of CC#16 on the AG samples (violins) and to my surprise the sound changed (to my liking).

I should have known that before, but due to my conception of the word "hidden" I never realized that it could be changed and used. I suggest another term: "extra controls".

Raymond

Re: Language problem - manual GPO

When something is hidden, it doesn't mean you can't go looking for it - and eventually find it And it wouldn't be much of a "control", if you couldn't get access to it in order to, well, control the instrument. In fact, there would be no reason to mention it at all in the documentation, if it was not only hidden, but also inaccessible.

Ah yes word meanings - it's all in the local (individuals) definition.

On a recent 80 mile hike in the Lake District of England we discovered that when the guidebook's author said "just a little further on..." (which we took meaning "a few feet/yards") he really meant anything from a half mile to a mile further on.
    It's a wonder we can communicate anything at all!
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes
    Ah yes word meanings - it's all in the local (individuals) definition.

On a recent 80 mile hike in the Lake District of England we discovered that when the guidebook's author said "just a little further on..." (which we took meaning "a few feet/yards") he really meant anything from a half mile to a mile further on. It's a wonder we can communicate anything at all!
    Fred
    At home we call that "Spanish kilometers" . One day, we walked to Santiago-camping (temperature almost 45 degress!!), with backpacks and so on and the sign told us that is was 2 kilometers further. After one hour walk another sign told us that is was 3.5 kilometers more........... and sure we were walking into the right direction......

Nickie, hidden is still hidden IMHO. But from now I will interprete this as hidden-but-usable in a sequencer.

Thank you both,

Raymond

Now that I'm back from traveling to NY and LA I'm trying to catch some of the things that were posted in my absence. "Hidden," in this case, follows the most common definition of the word and that is: "out of sight." Specifically, not visible from the Player interface. No further implications about accessibility are contained in the word "hidden." As Nickie said above, there wouldn't be any point including information on controllers that were inaccessible to the user.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Now that I'm back from traveling to NY and LA I'm trying to catch some of the things that were posted in my absence. "Hidden," in this case, follows the most common definition of the word and that is: "out of sight." Specifically, not visible from the Player interface. No further implications about accessibility are contained in the word "hidden." As Nickie said above, there wouldn't be any point including information on controllers that were inaccessible to the user.

Tom
    Could have been "implied" in the properties of the "class" (class function in C++). Not hoping it is "Out of sight, out of mind"........

Raymond

Go Back to forum