• Register
  • Help

Topic: D50 Sample Library?

Share/Bookmark

D50 Sample Library?

Hi guys,

I have posted this message on another site on t'internet, but I am getting in desperate need of these sounds.

Are there any D50 libraries out there? I have Nostalgia (in fact bought it on the basis that it would have D50 sounds on!), but it only has a small selection of sounds - and none of the "basic" famous D50 patches bar RingPiano.

I am specifically looking for Fantasia, Future Pad, Intruder FX, and Living Calliope.

I can't believe that almost every synth out there has been sampled, but the D50 hasn't!

Cheers!

M

Re: D50 Sample Library?

Quote Originally Posted by FirmamentFX View Post
    Hi guys,

I have posted this message on another site on t'internet, but I am getting in desperate need of these sounds.

Are there any D50 libraries out there? I have Nostalgia (in fact bought it on the basis that it would have D50 sounds on!), but it only has a small selection of sounds - and none of the "basic" famous D50 patches bar RingPiano.

I am specifically looking for Fantasia, Future Pad, Intruder FX, and Living Calliope.

I can't believe that almost every synth out there has been sampled, but the D50 hasn't!

Cheers!

M

I think the reason the D-50 has never been sampled is that the actaul samples in the D-50 are copyrighted. I too would love to see this amzing synth in VST form. Korg did it for the M1 and Wavestation. How about it Roland?
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Here's something which appears to have D50 samples:
    http://www.reasonbanks.com/refill_DF.html

Greg.

And here's a little bit of trivia for you as well:
    In addition to being the Creative Director of Spectrasonics, Eric Persing was a longtime consultant and the Chief Sound Designer for Roland Corporation Japan from 1984-2005, creating the key sounds for many popular Roland synthesizers, samplers, CD-ROMs, expansion boards, signal processors and groove devices - from the vintage Jupiter and JX series, to the legendary D-50, D-70, JD-800/990, R8, S-series samplers, JV-880/1080/2080, the Sound Canvas, JP-8000/8080, MC-505/909, The V-Drums, XV-5080, Fantom series, the V-Synth and many others. "
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Try Puremagnetik P-50 linear, they claim to have sampled a D-50, it's probably not extensive, but at the same time it is quite cheap.

I've got a D-550 (Rackversion of a D-50) and I bought Puremagnetiks P-50 Linear. I was not happy with the sounds. Compared til my own they are weak and without life. I do have intention to sample my own D-550 but I think it would be illegal to make a Library that could be downloaded. So why would I buy a sample library when I've got the real thing. Because it's an old machine and you never know when it goes belly up.
    Nuendo 3,2, GPO, Reason 3, Wavelab 5, Recycle 2,1, Konnekt 24D, Macbook Pro 17“, 2GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjamus View Post
    I've got a D-550 (Rackversion of a D-50) and I bought Puremagnetiks P-50 Linear. I was not happy with the sounds. Compared til my own they are weak and without life. I do have intention to sample my own D-550 but I think it would be illegal to make a Library that could be downloaded. So why would I buy a sample library when I've got the real thing. Because it's an old machine and you never know when it goes belly up.
    I purchased the P-50 and was beyond dissapointed. It sounds nothing like a D-50 and there are none of the iconic patches you would remember. If a D-50 really sounded like this library it wouldn't have sold like it did. To call it a D-50 library is sacreligious in my books.
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

For those so fortunate as to have a Roland V-Synth there is the D-50 card that is quite good: allowing sound design not just sample playback.

The D-50 in the V-Synth is spot on. Sounds extactly like the original and can even read D-50 patches over Sysex.
    It even has a switch where you can make it sound better than the original by improving the quality of the output.
    Highly recomended if you want THAT sound in a 21century package.
    Hopefully maybe one day Arturia will make a D-50 plugin-that would be my wishful thinking.

Go Back to forum