• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with JABB

Share/Bookmark

Problem with JABB

Hey everyone,

I've had the JABB library since it came out, but (I'm going to get murdered for this) I've yet to use it. I pulled it out a little while ago to give it a whirl and discovered that none of the winds or brass instruments produce sound. They load correctly, however when I hit a key on my keyboard, I get nothing, not even movement on the built in LED indicator in JABB.

So, I've done a little digging, trying to sort out the problem. I think I may have found it. When I check out the actual monolitic files, I discovered that JABB only has two, both on my computer and the disc. When I looked at GPO's monolithic files, I found three.

So, my question is, is the JABB library supposed to have three monolithic files? Everything else works fine. It's just that the winds and brass seem to be "broken" (or lazy as the case may be. It is a Jazz Library!! ) If it is, then I think I got a defective disc way back when.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Oh well. Hopefully I can get this fixed as I have projects coming up that I'd like to use JABB on.

Thanks for the help, guys and gals!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Problem with JABB

Jonny,

You are giving the mod wheel a tweak on the wind instruments aren't you?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Richard,

Yeah, I've definately checked that!!!

Thanks for asking, though. I appreciate it.

Jonny

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Here's a little update. I've reinstalled it for fifth time now. However, this time, for some reason, it seems to be working. The only exception is that GPO Studio isn't recognizing it as a choice to use. I'll figure it out eventually.

Jonny

Got the update to Studio, too?

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

yep, i sure do!!!

Go Back to forum