• Register
  • Help

Topic: Celtic Wind | audioMIDI.com Review

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Celtic Wind | audioMIDI.com Review

What is it?
    An innovative sample library of Celtic wind instruments that utilizes scripting capabilities of Kontakt 2.

What does it do?
    Provides expressive, real-time performance of nine, well-conceived instruments.

Who would use it?
    Composers and musicians needing a pure, authentic and expressive sound derived from this genre of instrument. Perfectly suited to the most demanding nuanced solo work.

How does it sound?
    Amazingly organic and expressive. By far the best ethnic collection I have used.

What is so great about it?
    In addition to the innovative playing features built into Kontakt 2, Celtic Wind is a composers "dream." These instruments are great for not only genre music, but for anything the user can imagine.

What is not so great about it?
    Some of the MIDI assignable knobs are awkward. As of this review, Celtic Wind is only available for those using Kontakt 2.

Review Summary?
    Bela D Media sets the standard for what all sample-based world instrument collections should be.

Complete Review

http://www.audiomidi.com/aboutus/rev...celticwind.cfm

AudioMIDI.com
    January 11th, 2007
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Celtic Wind | audioMIDI.com Review

Awesome - congratulations with it

I wont be getting my copy until Q2, but I'm look forward to it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Bela Media was always a step ahead when it came to quality but with their newest releases it shows they are also a step ahead with their implentation of real time articulation control.
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Quote Originally Posted by kstevege
    Bela Media was always a step ahead when it came to quality but with their newest releases it shows they are also a step ahead with their implementation of real time articulation control.
    That is a very kind statement and we thank you!

I still hope for an Celtic Wind for Gigastudio...

No news to report on the GS3/Giga front just yet.

PS. Volume 2 will be released by the spring 2007.
    Spiritual Wind is the name.

That sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Argitoth
    Spiritual Wind - Asian? I bet you.

Now I can take a guess for Volume 3 probably will be middle-eastern wind instruments. A good name might be...... Haunting Wind. Middle Eastern music is so awesomely haunting.
    Here's a quote from Tari on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    Vol.2 Spiritual Wind will include, but not limited too, instruments form Asia and the Middle East.
    He also mentioned that after volume two, they would move away from wind instruments.

Go Back to forum