• Register
  • Help

Topic: looking for a cheap sound card for cubasesx3

Share/Bookmark

looking for a cheap sound card for cubasesx3

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a sound card for 64bit win,
    any suggestions? I don't want to spend more than $300-400, I don't need many inputs i just like to hook up cubase to it, and my krk monitors.
    I got m-audio delta 66, but i had problems installing it for a 64bit win system.

thanks,
    pt

Re: looking for a cheap sound card for cubasesx3

Hi
    I'm using the EMU 1212M. I'm also on the 64 bit win and have KRK monitors. I've been having a few issues with it lately, but I'm not sure if it's because of the 64 bit OS or if it's because I've abused the heck out of it for a few years. I've definately got my $$ worth with this card.
    Steph

Steph,

What kind of issues have you been having with the 1212M in x64 Windows?

Jim

Hi Haydn
    I'll try to describe what's happening. I lose drivers a lot. Also, when I'm in Sonar (especially, but happens other times too) one or both of the sides will go out. Sometimes it's the right and sometimes the left and sometimes it's both! It doesn't reset without me having to disable the Patchmix and re-starting it. It's a complete time-killer when I'm trying to get a project done. Other than that, it works fine
    Take Care,
    Steph

Thanks for the info, Steph! I need to replace my soundcard for what was my GigaStudio machine. I just upgraded the machine and my old Echo Darla 24 soundcard which I haven't used for about a year appears to be dead. It won't work in any PCI slots although other boards work fine in the slots. I'd like to find a board that has x64 drivers.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi
    I'm using the EMU 1212M. I'm also on the 64 bit win and have KRK monitors. I've been having a few issues with it lately, but I'm not sure if it's because of the 64 bit OS or if it's because I've abused the heck out of it for a few years. I've definately got my $$ worth with this card.
    Steph
    Musician's Friend has this card on sale for $99.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hi
    Steph

thank you,
    i'll try it

Go Back to forum