• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Anyone using Ivory Standalone on PC?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using Ivory Standalone on PC?

Hi

I recently bought and installed Ivory 1.5 on my PC.
    I am using it in Cubase 4 as a VST instrument and it works fine.

I then downloaded and installed the update to 1.6 which includes the Standalone version.

The VSTi still works fine in Cubase 4, but no way can I get the Standalone version to run.
    It opens up OK, but as soon as I try to select the Midi in Device, or the Audio device, the Hourglass
    appears and Ivory stops responding. I can't even shut down the computer.I have to switch off at the mains.
    Synthogy are investigating, but I have heard nothing yet.

Just wondered if anyone had similar experience?

regards

John-studio64

Re: Anyone using Ivory Standalone on PC?

It's working on my system. Wish I could offer something more useful, but at least you know it does work...

sporter, thanks for replying.

Can you just confirm where you have your "Ivory" standalone folder and "VSTPlugins" standalone folder.

My Above Standalone files are in C/Program Files/Synthogy

I installed the the main original Ivory 1.5 content (before the Stand alone was available) on a different drive(F) and that all works fine.

Any help would be appreciated

regards

john studio64

Quote Originally Posted by studio64
    sporter, thanks for replying.

Can you just confirm where you have your "Ivory" standalone folder and "VSTPlugins" standalone folder.

My Above Standalone files are in C/Program Files/Synthogy

This is where my standalone is, also. I just accepted the default when I ran the 1.6 exe, but I put the vst dll where the old one was: P/Program Files/Steinberg/vst plugins. (I have multiple drives on this machine). I too had a previous installation. I'm kind of scattered out now, but it all seems to work fine.

If you have a third party sound card and onboard sound, you might try diabling the onboard sound in the bios. Sometimes onboard sound drivers and ASIO drivers do not get along.

Also, I've had problems with anti-virus, anti spyware apps. Have you tried turning them all off?

Have you tried booting up in safe mode?

Have you checked hard disk space on your "C" drive? I've had apps do this when the hard disk was close to capacity.

Have you tried, after getting the hourglass, leaving the machine overnight and let it run? Sometimes drivers go through some kind of extended intialization..at least it has happened to me...

And of course, make sure you have all the latest drivers for your system...

Hi sporter

My DAW is a very clean, 3 large hard drives , 2 gig memory. etc

I only have top spec software installed Cubase 4 Wavelab 6, Kontakt 2 etc
    and never had any problems.

I can load the samles/programs into Ivory standalone, it behaves as you would expect until I try to select the midi or sound device.

I do actually leave the hour glass longer and longer, just in case, as you say, its going through a long check.

Thanks anyway.

John studio64

Here's a thought. Could it be that Ivory, in standalone, gets hung up trying to access audio ports that you've assigned to Cubase?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    Here's a thought. Could it be that Ivory, in standalone, gets hung up trying to access audio ports that you've assigned to Cubase?

Jim
    Hi Jim

It even hangs after selecting just the Midi Device/Midex8.

Also when I try to select the Delta ASIO driver.

In fact I have just tried it again, and it's locked up after going into the metronome menu

Very strange

All these variables can drive you nuts, can't they.

I would try opening up Cubase first and unselect all MIDI and audio ports,
    then restart the computer before opening up Ivory.

What audio card are you using? Does it have more than 2 ins and outs? Do you have the latest drivers?

Jim

Hi Jim

I am using two M-Audio Delta 1010lt cards, I wondered if this was confusing Ivory.

I shall give your idea a go, later in the day.

The very first time I ran Standalone Ivory, I played a few notes, before making any selections in the set up.
    It did actually play, but with massive latency, then I set up midi and audio in the Ivory menus, and it's not worked since.

Luckily I can still use it in Cubase 4

regards
    john-studio64

John,

I had this exact same problem, even emailed tech support at Synthogy and, as helpful as they tried to be, they couldn't figure it out. I have Ivory installed on 2 partitions on the same computer and the standalone mode would not work on either partition.

I can't remember what prompted me to do this but I started up one of the partitions in "Safe" mode, shut it down and rebooted back into the normal mode and the problem was gone. When I tried the exact same thing on the second partition, it fixed the problem, once again.

I emailed tech support back with my solution and received a polite response but not an explanation as to why this may have rectified the problem. I was just glad the fix was so simple, for a change. Hopefully, it will work for you too.

By the way, I have a Delta 1010. Maybe it's a glitch in the drivers are maybe it's just a coincidence.

Go Back to forum