• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best piano library for country music?

Share/Bookmark

Best piano library for country music?

I don't mean just a detuned\barroom piano. I'm thinking more for a contemporary serious country\gospel sound.

Are there certain libraries you turn to for the bright sound of a well-tuned country\gospel piano, or do you instead use different velocity settings?

Re: Best piano library for country music?

I think it would be worth you're looking at sampletekk's white grand and black grand. There is a gospel demo for the black grand close that sold me!

If you are talking about a piano for gospel and contemporary country, I don't think you are talking about a single instrument. Contemporary country seems to favor very bright pianos and my guess is that gospel favors a richer, maybe darker tone. A combo of the Black Grand and the White Grand might be nice.
    JP

The Bardstown Bosendorfer has a beautiful tone that works nice in ballad type country tunes, and also in more pop-sounding type tunes. AMF, it is one of the most versatile pianos I have ever used, and always sits well in a mix. Many of the demos you hear are jazz and classical, but this piano has a nice crisp characteristic which makes it suitable for comtemporary and traditional country/gospel. Even with only 4 velocity layers, this is one of the most playable pianos ever, and has a true lifelike tone over all 88 notes. I keep coming back to it after trying most of the others.

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/

Ivory Yamaha's work well too, especially in the high end on the bright settings.

Go Back to forum