• Register
  • Help

Topic: This is only a Sonar problem, please help.

Share/Bookmark

This is only a Sonar problem, please help.

Working on a piece I want to automate the sliders.
    The same occurs when I record the CC#1 settings.

To do it right (IMHO) I solo-ed the string section, thus all strings have a green S. I only want to add the automation of sliders to the first track. I know how to do this, but the point is that I don't hear what I am doing. Only while playing back I hear my settings (movements of one of the sliders, in this case the first violins).

For me it seems that when there are more tracks involved in playing at the same time of adding some extra info (recording) to one of them, the playback of the track under construction doesn't reflect my slider movements (or CC#1)

Clear? I hope so, because for me it is difficult to explain......

Raymond

Re: This is only a Sonar problem, please help.

Raymond,

I don't have Sonar, but in my sequencer you have to arm a track for recording plus click on a little loudspeaker symbol in the track for hearing it while recording. Hope this helps.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Raymond,
    I don't have Sonar, but in my sequencer you have to arm a track for recording plus click on a little loudspeaker symbol in the track for hearing it while recording. Hope this helps. Hannes
    This was the best reply in months!!!! I found that little speaker symbol, applied it and now finally I can hear what I am doing, while I am doing.
    Thank you very much,

Raymond

Good that it helped.

There is a reason why they put that into the sequencers. If every recorded audio track was listenable in a studio it may happen to get feedback from the speakers to the mic. So there is an option to choose audible feedback as an extra when needed.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Good that it helped.

There is a reason why they put that into the sequencers. If every recorded audio track was listenable in a studio it may happen to get feedback from the speakers to the mic. So there is an option to choose audible feedback as an extra when needed.

Hannes
    I thought that it had to be somewhere in the package, but I couldn't find it. Help files and manual didn't mention this, at least not where I looked (under recording and similar subjects, the manual contains more than 650 pages!!!!).

I finally can hear it. Before this answer I added volume (CC#1) just by looking at the score and listened to it via playback. Any mistakes were corrected by hand, so .... this cyclic situation consumed a lot of time.

OK, there is always some cyclic process involved, special when mixing instrument groups, but the amount of cycles is far less than before.

Regards,

Raymond

Go Back to forum