• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS says my Audiophile2496 is not GSIF?

Share/Bookmark

GS says my Audiophile2496 is not GSIF?

I know many of you are running these three together successfully: GS/Sonar/Audiophile2496. But I can\'t seem to get off the ground. I just bought Gigastudio 96, received it in the mail yesterday, but still can\'t use it. I installed GS fine but when I run it, it says I don\'t have a GSIF compatible sound card. BUT I DO! The Audiophile 2496. Why doesn\'t it recognize my card? I\'ve installed the drivers for the card all right. They work in Sonar just fine. I have the latest drivers. In fact I\'ve used both the drivers from M-Audio\'s web site for XP drivers and the ones that came on the drivers disk with my card. (It seems the ones on my disk are more recent, which doesn\'t make sense. 5.12.1.9 whereas the ones from the website are 5.10....something.) Someone please help...this is maddening to come this close and have nothing.
    My system: AMD 1700+, ECS K7S5A MB, WIN XP, 2 big harddrives, 512MB SDRAM, Audiophile2496, GeForce 2 AGP.
    Thanks.
    Also, the default audio device for Windows IS set to the Audiophile.

Re: GS says my Audiophile2496 is not GSIF?

The current driver for the Audiophile is Delta_wdm_510027. Make sure you download their uninstall program, and use it when changin driver version.

I had the same problem with my Terratec DMX 6 Fire card under XP, but it works fine under 98. I guess I just won\'t give it up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bill, you helped me out. You made me go back and make sure I had the latest 5.10...drivers installed. I did have them downloaded but hadn\'t installed them properly. Thanks alot for helping me out by responding. Now if I can only get registered I\'d be doing alright. I copied my registration number exactly as it was shown in my registraton.txt file and Nemesys sent me back an email saying it was an incorrect number. But it isn\'t. I checked it very carefully 20 times. I\'m gonna have to call them up on Monday to get this registration taken care of.

If you can copy and paste it, instead of retyping, that\'s always a good thing.

Go Back to forum