• Register
  • Help

Topic: Muted Brass instruments

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Muted Brass instruments

Hi all:

I would like to know where are the muted brass instrument samples in GPO.
    I need muted french horns, harmon muted trumpets, regular muted trumpets and muted trombones.

Are these samples missing? and if so, is there a possibility to include them in future versions of GPO?

Any help is much appreciated!

Al

Re: Muted Brass instruments

Quote Originally Posted by Bashkii
    Hi all:

I would like to know where are the muted brass instrument samples in GPO.
    I need muted french horns, harmon muted trumpets, regular muted trumpets and muted trombones.

Are these samples missing? and if so, is there a possibility to include them in future versions of GPO?

Any help is much appreciated!

Al
    Muted trumpets, horns, and trombones are all in GPO. Harmon muted trumpets can be found in JABB.
    All are found in their respective instrument's folder.

OK, thanks. It's because they don't show up in the Music Demos or/and in the "see the audition" tabs.I just wanted to make sure before purchasing the product.
    JABB means Jazz and Big Band?

Thanks again,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Bashkii
    JABB means Jazz and Big Band?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Ah - the perfect seque!

Heh, maybe in GPOA we can get Gary to morph from muted or cupped to sans effects - do a "doo-waa" in the brass (and maybe a daa-oo as well!). Actually that's a pretty good idea. Must still be a few brain cells left that haven't punched out yet!
    JABB's plunger mute trumpet and trombone sort of work this way. They don't use the morphing technology that is found in the Strad, but you can get a decent effect from a cc slider.

Go Back to forum