• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sustain Pedal Layers

Share/Bookmark

Sustain Pedal Layers

Can someone give me a rundown on how sustain pedal layers work?

A quick google search yielded nothing for me.

When the PMI Emperor lists 12 sustain layers, is that 12 different sustain levels between no pedal pressure and full pedal pressure?

So, CC64 24 would trigger a different sustain amount than CC64 102?

Or is it something totally different?

Thanks!

Re: Sustain Pedal Layers

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Can someone give me a rundown on how sustain pedal layers work?

A quick google search yielded nothing for me.

When the PMI Emperor lists 12 sustain layers, is that 12 different sustain levels between no pedal pressure and full pedal pressure?

So, CC64 24 would trigger a different sustain amount than CC64 102?

Or is it something totally different?

Thanks!
    From what I know, I believe they are 12 velocity layers (ppp to fff) with the sustain pedal down. Similar to velocity layers with sustain pedal up. Keep in mind that the velocity layers also have timbre change. I've never heard of pedal pressure. When it comes to sustain I can only think of it being either onn or off. Michael or Per, may be able to give you a better answer.

Dd

Re: Sustain Pedal Layers

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    From what I know, I believe they are 12 velocity layers (ppp to fff) with the sustain pedal down. Similar to velocity layers with sustain pedal up. Keep in mind that the velocity layers also have timbre change. I've never heard of pedal pressure. When it comes to sustain I can only think of it being either onn or off. Michael or Per, may be able to give you a better answer.

Dd
    Ok, that makes better sense.

Thanks.

Go Back to forum