• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture(demo) and VST

Share/Bookmark

Overture(demo) and VST

I just installed the demo of Overture as a try for a new notation program.
    I can't get TWO vst-plugins loaded with that VST menu.
    Both are in different maps, to say: Garritan PO in its own and Steinberg The Grand 2 in its own.

In Sonar the VST-processor searches all maps for VST plug-ins, but somehow Overture can't.

Solutions? Any, but re-install GPO or/and Steinberg The Grand in only one map is out of the question.

Raymond

Re: Overture(demo) and VST

I don't know what you mean by "map", but if you mean folder, you can copy all relevant VST plugin .dll's to Overture's "map".

Not sure to understand your question (what you refer like "map" ? ) but this are the usual steps (see the graphic) in the normal version, dont know the demo version limitations:

1-Say to Overture where is your VST Folder (Menu: VST>Set Folder) If there are subfolders, they will be scanned.

2-Load your instrument in the "Instrument Rack" (Menu: VST>Instrument Rack) Each time you load an instrument, a new "rack" is added, so you can have multiple instruments loaded.

3-Assign the Track of the score to output to the desired instrument (Menu:Window>Track window, and there, click on the "Device" field.)

Marcelo Colina

All repliers,

thank you. I used the dutch word for "folder" sorry.
    I have The Grand installed in C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugins/.. and Garritan installed in C:/Program Files/Garritan/.... [with Ambience].

Although Overture searches the subfolders the process can't find BOTH Vst plugins because they are in different folders. I solved the problem by copying Garritan and Ambience to the Steinberg folder (because I cannot move/copy the Grand2.dll).

It worked fine.

Thank you again,

Raymond

I played a bit with Overture and it looked promising until I imported a Midi file for piano. It looked very, really very good. But of course some mistakes were made in translating the note durations. I managed to edit that in midi and in the notation.

Slurs: I know the concept and added some. But how can I delete them without typing in all the notes again ?
    Ties: the same I can tie, but can I untie?

How can I combine two notes let's say 1/4 and 1/8 into 1/4-dotted?
    And a lot more problems, e.g. adding in a 3/4 measure 8 notes for the right hand (like a triplet but then for 8 notes).

I searched the manual for this, but couldn't find it.

So far my first steps in Overture.... I will continue searching and trying until I am satisfied (or not). Still have 14 days of demo-time to go.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    I played a bit with Overture and it looked promising until I imported a Midi file for piano. It looked very, really very good. But of course some mistakes were made in translating the note durations. I managed to edit that in midi and in the notation.

Slurs: I know the concept and added some. But how can I delete them without typing in all the notes again ?
    Ties: the same I can tie, but can I untie?

How can I combine two notes let's say 1/4 and 1/8 into 1/4-dotted?
    And a lot more problems, e.g. adding in a 3/4 measure 8 notes for the right hand (like a triplet but then for 8 notes).

I searched the manual for this, but couldn't find it.

So far my first steps in Overture.... I will continue searching and trying until I am satisfied (or not). Still have 14 days of demo-time to go.

Raymond
    Hi Raymond. I suggest you to ask in the Overture Forum. You will found there some very helpfull guys that maybe can help with your questions, since they have more experience:

>>Overture Forum
    Marcelo Colina

I will ask the Overture guys, of course........ It all looks too great to throw away (uninstall it) ... just because I can't find it.

Raymond

Go Back to forum