• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to Post in Listening Room

Share/Bookmark

How to Post in Listening Room

How does one post a piece in the listening room. I've sent a piece via e-mail the G Garritan a couple of weeks ago, but still no show.

Re: How to Post in Listening Room

Heya,

Most people here have web servers or something they can host it on. Web hosting these days is real cheap, you can get plans for like $5 a month or so. Even (yourname).com costs like $15 a year or less for the domain registration.

However, there are some free plans...google around for some and check them out.

Your other option is to get an account at soundclick.com or similar, where you can share your music there, and post links to it here so we can listen. It's free.

-Chris

Hi Samantha,
    You can also attach it to the thread. When you click on reply, look at the bottom left portion of the screen (you'll probably have to scroll down). In the additional options, there's a button that says manage attachments. You can upload in there.
    Take Care,
    Steph

Hey Steph.

I think that only applies to you because you're a power profile user. Us normal users can't do that.

*tear*

-Chris

Oh! I didn't know that. Sorry Never mind

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHurn
    Heya,

Most people here have web servers or something they can host it on. Web hosting these days is real cheap, you can get plans for like $5 a month or so. Even (yourname).com costs like $15 a year or less for the domain registration.

However, there are some free plans...google around for some and check them out.

Your other option is to get an account at soundclick.com or similar, where you can share your music there, and post links to it here so we can listen. It's free.

-Chris
    Additional information: Once your piece is uploaded and available at a web adress ... starting with http://www and ending with .mp3 ... you simply enter this adress as a seperate line into your post. It will change to a clickable link automagically.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

GeorgeSands,

I received your Schubert's G Flat Impromptus Op. 90 on Christmas. My apologies for the delay in putting it up. With the holidays and other hectic events, posting of mp3 has fallen behind.

We are exploring ways of hosting mp3s so that people can just upload them without having to wait for Mr. Slow-poke (me ). There may be a way of doing it on the forum itself.

If anyone has any other ideas I would be open to them.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Additional information: Once your piece is uploaded and available at a web adress ... starting with http://www and ending with .mp3 ... you simply enter this adress as a seperate line into your post. It will change to a clickable link automagically.

Hannes
    Hanns I've looked at some of these sites. How does one protect things that may not be copyrighted, or prevent someone from downloading the material. I am quite new to the game and still on the scary side of the fence here.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    GeorgeSands,

I received your Schubert's G Flat Impromptus Op. 90 on Christmas. My apologies for the delay in putting it up. With the holidays and other hectic events, posting of mp3 has fallen behind.

We are exploring ways of hosting mp3s so that people can just upload them without having to wait for Mr. Slow-poke (me ). There may be a way of doing it on the forum itself.

If anyone has any other ideas I would be open to them.

Gary Garritan
    Please don't make me feel guilty for seeming impatient with the post. After all, I should have respected the fact that it was sent during a high holiday season.

Thank you for posting my piece. I need the encouragement and suggestions from those who have more knowledge than I possess. I've always been extremely shy when it comes to sharing my music with others. I've had less than five public performances in the last forty years. It's a lack of confidence in my ability, considering my very limited trainning. I am self-taught. It took me from age twenty-six to forty-six to get to a point where I could play the piano solo version of Schubert's G Flat Impromtus. I preformed it in a concert in 1995. I appeared on a program with the conductor of the South Arkansas Symphony Orchestra Kermit Poling. He preformed with Jim Wooley, the symphony's principle French hornist and Elizabeth O'Bannon, the symphony's concert master. I played the G Flat and A Flat Impromtus from OP. 90. I have not played in public since. Stage fright is extremely hard for me to master. My picture appeared on the front page of our local news paper and I was motified. Looking back it seemed silly, but I still find it hard to play for others.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSands
    Please don't make me feel guilty for seeming impatient with the post. After all, I should have respected the fact that it was sent during a high holiday season.

Thank you for posting my piece. I need the encouragement and suggestions from those who have more knowledge than I possess. I've always been extremely shy when it comes to sharing my music with others. I've had less than five public performances in the last forty years. It's a lack of confidence in my ability, considering my very limited trainning. I am self-taught. It took me from age twenty-six to forty-six to get to a point where I could play the piano solo version of Schubert's G Flat Impromtus. I preformed it in a concert in 1995. I appeared on a program with the conductor of the South Arkansas Symphony Orchestra Kermit Poling. He preformed with Jim Wooley, the symphony's principle French hornist and Elizabeth O'Bannon, the symphony's concert master. I played the G Flat and A Flat Impromtus from OP. 90. I have not played in public since. Stage fright is extremely hard for me to master. My picture appeared on the front page of our local news paper and I was motified. Looking back it seemed silly, but I still find it hard to play for others.
    Well, some degree of stage fright is probably a good thing, makes you careful to be well prepared, gets you sufficiently alert for the performance. Davies Hall, the home of the San Francisco Symphony , has a special room , right where the soloists enter the stage. The room is a bathroom where the soloist can relieve himself of whatever symptoms the stage fright manifests.

My first piano performance, in 1949, gave me a terrible case of stage fright, worst I have ever had. Over the years, there was improvement, but it never completely went away until I quite the game about 1990 or so.

Regarding your copyright concerns: I have a little over 200 pieces on Sibelius Web site. That includes scores and mp3s. I worry a bit about it, but not much. The critical part of the copyright is that once you have entered the copyright notice on the score, you are legally protected. The function of the copyright office is to record that act. But even if not recorded, you are still copyright owner. The registration would probably make it easier to establish ownership and date in the event of litigation, but in the case of Sibelius Publishing, the date and copyright data are of public and should be of some assistance if necessary. Just bear in mind that no matter how careful you are to protect, somebody will find a way around your protection. Your best bet on this is to check out the US copyright office.

US Copyright Office Home Page
    http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/

Richard

Go Back to forum