• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prelude

Share/Bookmark

Prelude

In spite of all criticism, I took up the challenge and "fabricated" a Prelude for Piano and Violin.

I don't have the Strad yet and used to GPO Strad instead. The piano is the Steinberg Grand2. And I did this in three hours after one hour of preparing the score fit for Garritan. Originally this is a Prelude for solo piano.

Prelude for Piano and GPO Stradivari

As I am not having any other more complicated scores for violin I have to do with my own composition (1988).

Greetings,

Raymond

Re: Prelude

Quite a lovely serenade, Raymond.

You've done a most respectable job of getting the
    best out of the GPO Strad, most certainly.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi Raymond, this is such a soothing and melancholy work... Very introspective... I enjoyed listening to it very much. Liked the added pizzicato and double stops, i think?., within the soloing string. Very creative... Would you every consider expanding this piece or would it be a part of a bigger work? Thanks for posting...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hi Raymond, this is such a soothing and melancholy work... Very introspective... I enjoyed listening to it very much. Liked the added pizzicato and double stops, i think?., within the soloing string. Very creative... Would you every consider expanding this piece or would it be a part of a bigger work? Thanks for posting...

Michael
    Hi all,

happy and prosperous new year. I survived the violence of fireworks outside. heavy bombs, flashing, thundering, ... and with some ear protection I even could fall asleep at an early hour (02.00 AM European time).

This piece is a one time thing. When I get the Stradivari I will compose or arrange some other piano pieces I have... but that is for the near future.
    First I have to finish the pianoconcerto.

About the double stops.... I didn't know if this was possible (fingering wise) but left them there. When the Strad arrives I will have another look at the score and rendering........

Hi, folks, saturday I've got a CD-recording of the 7th symphony of Tchaikowksy, never knew there was one..... partly reconstructed, but still it is there. Today is a fine day to listen to this work (and also the 4th, from that same public library).

Raymond

Go Back to forum