• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Happy New Year everyone!-"Auld Lang Syne"-my 1st jab at JABB

Share/Bookmark

Happy New Year everyone!-"Auld Lang Syne"-my 1st jab at JABB

NOTE: I re-posted this for New Year's 2013 - It was one of my first posts at the Forum, dating from 2006 when I'd been a member for only a month!
    --------------------------------------
    (original message from 2006)

What fun--I came to the Forum just now and immediately saw Wrayer's "Auld Lang Syne" post--I came here to put up a version of it also! Well fine, lots of good cheer on the Forum today.

As I just said in a reply to Wrayer's post, Santa Claus was sure nice to me this year--JABB was in my stocking. Up until now, I've worked with GPO. I'm very excited to now have two Garritan libraries to work with.

My first jab at JABB--My arrangement of "Auld Lang Syne." Two versions--The full 3:00 MP3 I did with the specific idea of sharing it here:

http://www.box.net/public/fru3bvcpp1

And an edited 1:30 version which includes a video slide show--My lady Kate and I put this together for our email New Year's greeting. Windows Media file:

http://www.box.net/public/oiucgle967

Happy New Year everyone---and thank you Gary Garritan for your fabulous programs and this excellent Forum site.

Randy Bowser
    (rbowser)

Re: Happy New Year everyone!-"Auld Lang Syne"-my 1st jab at JABB

Wow! Great arrangement of this, Randy.

I love the style in this... really superb feel to it. The
    piano work I found especially well done; you've got
    a golden touch on that -- and the whole rendering
    is one heck of a fine job.

If this is your first shot out of the box with JABB,
    I'm certainly looking forward to more!

Happy New Year, Randy!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi Randy,

loved it very much. And that slide (shifting) on the bass is superb!! [at about 3/5 of the piece].

Have a good new year,

Raymond

etLux and Raymond, thank you very much for taking a listen and for the wonderful encouragement. I've never really composed or arranged for Jazz pieces per se, but hearing these fantastic and aggressive JABB instruments just makes you want to do some Boppin'--lol.

Primarily I got JABB to beef up my sound arsenal, which has GPO as my lead program. But at least for having a change of pace project once in awhile, I'm going to be doing more Jazz pieces of this sort--it felt so good, and we tend to return to things that make us feel good!

Happy New Year to all--and thank you guys again for the kind words.

Randy Bowser
    (rbowser)

Very cool man, very hip, jive and bop! I like the arrangment.

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

It's the JABB "Auld Lang Syne" club! hehe--THank you Richard for responding to my first JABB project post. I just got through listening to your very fine "Syne" and posting a response. Now I'm gathering all us "Syners" into a lump on the Listening Room board. We can all get a total "Syne" over-dose.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
    Randy Bowser
    (rbowser)

HAPPY NEW YEAR! - I was just reminded of one of my first posts ever at the Forum, in 2006. I just had a listen - It's not too embarrassing, he, so thought it'd be fun to respond to this from 6 years ago- My first effort with JABB. And Bill, you put up an "Auld Lang Syne" that year also, like you did this year. Fun Deja Vu!

Randy

Happy New Year Randy - this is a nice Jazz piece (well, except for the accordion, haha).
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Happy New Year Randy - this is a nice Jazz piece (well, except for the accordion, haha).
    And Happy New Year again, Bill! - Your reply made me realize that when I re-posted this thread from the archives last night, I should have inserted something at the top of the very first post that explained it's from 2006, one short month after I first joined the Forum. Now I've done that. Not sure you saw that this is a pretty old, historical Forum post-?

Way back 6 years ago, Forum regulars David "Et Lux," Raymond, and RichR were the only people to post responses - Nice to see that bit of continuity, since Raymond and Rich are still prolific members here and David "Et Lux" still drops by at least once in awhile.

And it's fun for me to again hear what I did with JABB when I'd only had it for a week. I actually haven't done anything quite like this with it again since that time.

--The accordion--? Not sure what that part meant - But thanks for the greeting, Bill!

Randy

I am trying to comment on this cool arrangement, but I'm too busy dancing with my wife to it.
    ~Rodney

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast