• Register
  • Help

Topic: Caprice #24 on Strad v2!

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Caprice #24 on Strad v2!

Here is my first attempt at the Stradivari v2.01. It's a-the Caprice #24 by Niccolo Paganini!

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=50629

This was a MIDI file I got from Classical Archives. I drew in the ModWheel and Expression data and played in everything else.

This song was quite a chällènj. (shah-LONZH)

Enjoy!
    "But what about rules of verse? Iambic pentameter is where it's at! Hit it, the Cheat!"

Re: Caprice #24 on Strad v2!

Nice first attempt at the Strad. Just a couple of comments:

1. Your site expresses it's disleasure with using Iexplorer and suggests changing to Firefox. I have tried both and prefer Iexplorer. The site did not work right in Iexplorer, but I was able to download the mp3. (Just a comment so others know that a download is still possible so you don't have to install Firefox.)

2. Great musical challenge and done extremely well. BRAVO My preference is for more reverb, but that's my ears and preference.

Very good work here, thank for sharing it!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Welcome to the forum, theviolinist13!

Some very fine work with that wonderful Strad, my friend.

With Richard, may I suggest a bit more work with reverb
    and sound treatment to enliven the rendering a bit.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Excellent!, if may say so
    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    With Richard, may I suggest a bit more work with reverb
    and sound treatment to enliven the rendering a bit.
    Personally, I find that it's when there is little or no reverb that one can really judge the sound.. like seeing if a woman is really beautiful when she isn't wearing makeup!
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    1. Your site expresses it's disleasure with using Iexplorer and suggests changing to Firefox. I have tried both and prefer Iexplorer. The site did not work right in Iexplorer, but I was able to download the mp3. (Just a comment so others know that a download is still possible so you don't have to install Firefox.)

1. It's not my site. It's iCompositions, a music sharing and uploading site.
    2. It's a site for musicians and composers who use MACS
    3. It gave you that error message because enabling full use of iCompositions requires a Mac-friendly browser (e.x. Safari, Firefox, Camino, OmniWeb, et hoc genus omne*.)

Thanx for the comments though!!

*Et hoc genus omne = And all that sort of thing. Why say etc. when you can say et hoc genus omne?
    "But what about rules of verse? Iambic pentameter is where it's at! Hit it, the Cheat!"

Isn't it astonishing how much musicality Paganini was able to put into technical studies?

That said they are still etudes. People think that the Caprices would be concert pieces but this is not what they are supposed to be. Maybe have a look to one of the Paganini concerts - they are lovely in a musical way.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

I like this a lot. I agree about the reverb though - just put it through my mixer and added the built-in reverb and it sounds great!!

Good work. Just one suggestion - it maybe sounds just a touch quantised (probably because I imagine it is!). maybe you could alter the timing of the odd note here and there to create a more "human" effect.
    Jon

Go Back to forum