• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale and Tascan US-122

Share/Bookmark

Finale and Tascan US-122

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with Finale ver 2006, 2007, 2007a and the Tascam US-122 interface. In ver 2006, I could not save a file when it had GPO instruments loaded. I resolved this by only using GPO studio. In 2007 and 2007a, if the Tascam is plugged in, Finale crashes on exit. I have to unplug the US-122 from the USB port before closing Finale. Tech support at Makemusic has been little help. Seems like something they would want to get together with Tascam and fix. Anyone else experiencing this or found some way around it?

Thanks

Alan Yost

Re: Finale and Tascan US-122

Quote Originally Posted by alanyost View Post
    Hi:

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with Finale ver 2006, 2007, 2007a and the Tascam US-122 interface. In ver 2006, I could not save a file when it had GPO instruments loaded. I resolved this by only using GPO studio. In 2007 and 2007a, if the Tascam is plugged in, Finale crashes on exit. I have to unplug the US-122 from the USB port before closing Finale. Tech support at Makemusic has been little help. Seems like something they would want to get together with Tascam and fix. Anyone else experiencing this or found some way around it?

Thanks

Alan Yost
    Apparently not. I experience the same issue with 2007c and am currently in email discussion with tech support at Makemusic. I think the solution choice will be buy a new interface or a different notation program.

WW

Re: Finale and Tascan US-122

My music computer was experiencing frequent BSOD crashes, which totally ended when I got rid of my US-122 and replaced it with a Lexicon Lambda. Just sayin'.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum