• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: THE EMERGENCE OF TIME - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Share/Bookmark

Arrow THE EMERGENCE OF TIME - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

THE EMERGENCE OF TIME
    By David J. Sosnowski
    For Symphony Orchestra

To listen:

www.DavidSosnowski.com

The score is also available on the site.

Related pieces:

The Discourse of Stars
    The Realization of Light

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: THE EMERGENCE OF TIME - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Well, David! This is quite a piece of music. Since it's about emergence of time, I guess one could say it's a "Timeless" piece of art!

Seriously though, I've listened to it all morning and I don't hear it as a 12-tone piece at all. There maybe some elements of atonality in it but, I definitely hear impressionism at work here! I really like the piece. And while I'm on the subject of praising this piece, I really liked the use of the percussion to accent the material and punctuate the phrases.

As some TV shows final line in the credits went: "That's some hat, Harry!" Well to paraphrase: "That's some Music, David!" Congratulations on another fine and well thought out work.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I concur with RichR, nice piece with a nice flow. I hear a bit of a Debussian influence. I particularly love the way you create a musical 'veil' a musical illusion of suspended time. Beautifully done. Can't wait to see the score.

David,

There is so much here that I will have to take several listens to have a coherent reply. Nonetheless, most people hear a new work only once, sadly...

I particularly liked the last third - the use of the piano in the orchestra is tricky, and you handle it superbly. It adds a beautiful color, without become concertato - and that's rare. Also, the winds near the end: such clarity and drive!

The work feels very organic, in both its language, and as I imagine, its inspiration: it does feel as though something is emerging/birthing. It also seems very much like the language of your recent postings. Your voice is very clear in all this - again, a rare and admired feat.

I have only one criticism, and it is not at you: the mp3 format really takes a lot of the wind out of the sails, so to speak. There are too many places where the orchestra sounds small, and I think the compression is to blame. or my lousy speakers. Or my lousy ears...Still, I imagine that the original WAV file is much richer, yes?

Great job, David. I look forward to listening again in the coming days.

Happy New Year!

Ron

Nice one, my friend! I don't understand it but I like it.

You get the claps...

You have really outdone yourself this time. Thanks for sharing it with us, young Yankee person.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    THE EMERGENCE OF TIME
    By David J. Sosnowski
    For Symphony Orchestra

www.DavidSosnowski.com

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi David,

I'm so frustrated - as you know I'm away from home at present - and on my in-law's dial up connection - hence I can't get at your latest piece -it's too large to download. I'll have to wait 'til I get back home around the 4th January.

No doubt it will be well worth the wait if your past compositions are anything to go by!

Best,

John

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    David,

I particularly liked the last third - the use of the piano in the orchestra is tricky, and you handle it superbly. It adds a beautiful color, without become concertato - and that's rare. Also, the winds near the end: such clarity and drive!

Ron
    Wonderful stuff David, I really enjoyed this! All the more, because I know that further listening will take me even deeper into this spacious sound landscape - there's so much to discover here.

The restrained use of the string orchestra particularly appeals to me. I agree with Ron, the piano and woodwind towards the end were superb.

And yes, I'd say this was a touch more romantic in nature than some of your other works. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Graham

David:

Man, I really like your stuff ... very well composed and orchestrated. Tons of color and energy. AND, what fine orchestra and conductor do you have at your disposal for the readings and performances of your works? They handle what sounds like pretty difficult techniques with apparent ease.

Congrats,

Dean

I am always awed by your masterful compositions and the amazing renderings you achieve. This is no exception. This is a very complex piece with many changes in instrumentation/phrasing yet it is still cohesive and works towards the overall effect. Very, very impressive. Thanks for sharing it.

Clark

Hi David
    As always I eagerly open your latest work with anticipation and confidence that I will hear superb orchestration and attention to detail. No disappointment this time of course. And as always you use your resources with both restraint and full bore intention. When I hear your writing, I want to pack up my 'kit' (well my gig bag) and move to the mountains and away from the urban high tension, gotta get it done now life and do nothing but try to write for the symphonic instrument. It is a beauty. And so is your piece. FULLY ENGAGING!!!! Love the piano use as usual and you are really one of the masters of GPO percussion. I enjoyed listening.

BUT....did this end? Or are you considering more? it seemed to come to a halt when I least expected it. Perhaps there is another movement in the works?

With deepest respect.

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast