• Register
  • Help

Topic: Amarillo here.. Just sayin' hi y'all :)

Share/Bookmark

Smile Amarillo here.. Just sayin' hi y'all :)

Hi y'all,

Hope all of you had a good Christmas.

First of all, I'm not a Doctor of anything other than my PhD in life experiences. I was a hospital corpsman while in the Navy and picked up the moniker "Doc" while serving with the Marine Corps.

I do play bass guitar, guitar, two or three finger piano and most any low valved horn. Began playing when I was 16 whie in high school.

I like everything from old--really old--country to classic rock (pre 1975), modern country and classical music. I've been writing music on a consistent basis since 2002. I write mostly for my own enjoyment and for friends and family.

I hope to gain a better understanding of what I am trying to do and to listen to and encourage other's.

Doc.

Thumbs up Re: Amarillo here.. Just sayin' hi y'all :)

Welcome DOC!!!!

...From another proud Texan here

I hope to gain a better understanding of what I am trying to do and to listen to and encourage other's.
    You came to the right place then!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Amarillo here.. Just sayin' hi y'all :)

Welcome abord Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBass03
    Hi y'all,

Hope all of you had a good Christmas.
    It was a wonderful Christmas!!!

<snip>I do play bass guitar, guitar, two or three finger piano and most any low valved horn. Began playing when I was 16 whie in high school.
    I'm also primarily a guitarist, and dabble in bass, mando, pedal steel, and anything else with strings... except fiddle! I used to play trumpet and French Horn, I never could get the hang of the lower brass though!

I like everything from old--really old--country to classic rock (pre 1975), modern country and classical music. I've been writing music on a consistent basis since 2002. I write mostly for my own enjoyment and for friends and family.

You have come to one of the best musical communities on the web. Check out all the forums here, there are a number of very talented folks who are most willing to lend a hand!

Take care!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Re: Amarillo here.. Just sayin' hi y'all :)

Hey Amarillo,
    Welcome to the forum!
    Although I can't say much for myself, my father was a Navy hospital corpsman for 20 years active duty and 5 years reserves. Having retired, he now works at a local hospital in the same field he did during his service: medical technology and microbiology. Although he never went to war and never went to sea, he did lead a supersquad in field medical service school that became the only squad until that time to win every event; he told me that the key to performing well was not concentrating on what you're good at, but on improving what you're bad at.
    He plays the trumpet.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Go Back to forum