• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee J Bass Help please.

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee J Bass Help please.

I just recieved, for Christmas, a copy of Scarbee J slap n fingered for Kontakt. I am very new to Kontakt, I am running 2.1 on Win XP Pro.

When I load up ANY of the bass instruments or multis I can play only the defult articulations from my midi controller. However, when I try ANY of the keyswitches on any of the instruments or mutis, I get the same articulation every time: fret slap at the bottom of the keyboard range, and fret noise at the top.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? It looks like all of the samples have loaded into Kontakt, but I am so new to this instrument that I have a hard time seeing where the problem might be.

Thanks in advance.

P.J.

Re: Scarbee J Bass Help please.

Which instrument are you using?

Does your keyboard actually "reach" the keyswitch range?

Have you read the help docs that came with the sample set?

SCARBEE is very helpful through their official support forums and forms - you might want to try them there. I've never had to wait for more than a day for an answer on a technical question.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Thanks Houston.

I'll try the Scarbee forum.

I tried all of the instruments. I accessed the keyswitches from within my piano roll editor in Cubase. I also tried to use the keyswitches from the keyboard inside Kontakt itself.

Thanks again.

Where is the Scarbee forum? I cannot find it? Maybe the address is printed in the PDF that came with the Lib, but that is at the studio, and I am at home.

There is no more forum on Scarbee's website.

I know a lot of folks have this lib. Does no one have any suggestions?

With Scarbee J Bass you have a lot of those example files to show the possibilities of the library. Do you tried these MIDIs, any problems there?

Quote Originally Posted by Trace
    ... I get the same articulation every time: fret slap at the bottom of the keyboard range, and fret noise at the top.
    Well, isn't that normal? The fret slaps are between the keyswitches and low B. The fret noise above the highest notes.

Thanks guys. Appearently there is an update to the lib on the Scarbee website. I DLd it and it fixed the issue. I am very happy.

Go Back to forum