• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade path to and price for version 2?

Share/Bookmark

Upgrade path to and price for version 2?

Dear members,

This have been asked before - but...
    I cant find any upgrade price for the strad. 2 version on Garritans site, only the "full" price. (Bought the original version some time ago.)
    Could someone please point me in the right direction? (Living in Denmark.)
    Thanks in advance

Best
    Sten

And now I'm here:
    Changing aftertouch not to control vibrato speed but expression (CC11) within Kontakt 2? I know it could be done in Logic or on my keyboard, but within Kontakt?
    Thanks again...

Re: Upgrade path to and price for version 2?

Quote Originally Posted by sten oerting
    And now I'm here:
    Changing aftertouch not to control vibrato speed but expression (CC11) within Kontakt 2? I know it could be done in Logic or on my keyboard, but within Kontakt?
    Hi Sten,

Since the Strad is locked for editing, I don't think you can access the default controller mapping in K2.

If you want to control expression in the Strad with AT, I have to scratch my head and wonder whatever for. It would mean that you'd have to ramp up expression very quickly after every single note is pressed, quite apart from the fact that AT is hardly a precise controller. Sound really difficult to me and I can't see the advantage. But maybe I misunderstand you...

Concerning the upgrade from Strad 1 to version 2, I'd suggest you email Garritan: gary at garritan dot com.

Best,

Joey

Re: Upgrade path to and price for version 2?

Sten,

You should buy the upgrade from Time+Space. It's cheaper (£19.95 (VAT incl.) + £10 shipping) and most likely also faster, than bying it directly from Garritan. Just send Time+Space an email about your wish - you won't find the upgrade offer on their website.

Go Back to forum