• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Comments please

Share/Bookmark

Comments please

Another one of my pieces.. The Absense of a Child..All thoughts are truly welcomed on this piece, the sound, the piece itself. Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year. Been working on this a while. Had a chance to finish today. My daughters have been here for two weeks. Now its back to peace. And mind..All done with Miroslav Philharmomik..Thanks in advance.. Joseph...
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=918332&t=7990

Re: Comments please

The strings are fabulous (i didn't know this lib has such great string samples). However, the choir needs working.
    Sorry to say, but they sound like a synthesizer patch!

Furthermore, i don't hear any well structured melody line involved. (this might not a bad thing at all, just something i noticed)

the strings, as said before, are fabulous. Congrats.
    (it needs a bit more reverb and paning, but still very good)

Thanks Tee Bones, Yes It needs a little more panning. I will add a bit more reverb also. I just have a hard time with the Choir, as my other pieces also..After a few more times listening I realized that..Really was not thinkin about a melody for this. It was just my thoughts when writing it..I have to agree with the Strings. They are colorful.. Many thanks for your comments. Will do some changes on it. Joseph

Nice composition. I don't mind the lack of melody.

Steve, Thanks a bunch for your comments, and the time to listen..I have a strange way of writing my pieces. How was the overall sound? Does it sound some what realistic? Thanks again..Joseph..

This piece has a mellow feel. I like it. Some of the string movements sound "real", but the chior is a little synthy. The overall sound is nice thogh.

You mention that your daughters are gone. Another poster commented on your composition's "lack of melody."

My thoughts are that when your daughters are gone, there is no meolody, just emptiness. Your piece reflects that to me. I lke it.
    =====================
    It's my duty to ride. Pick a different route once in awhile. Remember Whose Child you are.

Very nice. I agree there is a lack of melody, but this isn't so much a bad thing; if you wrote what you feel, and you have the results you want, then who cares about the lack of melody?

IMHO, the choirs sound incredibly synthy. Getting them realistic is for sure not easy, but these sound VERY synthetic. The violins sound nice - what lib did you use?

Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Trace
    This piece has a mellow feel. I like it. Some of the string movements sound "real", but the chior is a little synthy. The overall sound is nice thogh.
    Trace Thanks for the words. Really need to do some work on the Choir. Many Thanks..Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBass03
    You mention that your daughters are gone. Another poster commented on your composition's "lack of melody."

My thoughts are that when your daughters are gone, there is no meolody, just emptiness. Your piece reflects that to me. I lke it.
    Glad you liked it. But the Choirs are really bothering me. I am planning to go back to it in a few days and do some changes. Mostly the Choir..Thanks Much for your comments..Joseph.

Go Back to forum