• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Short film I scored, up for download.

Share/Bookmark

Short film I scored, up for download.

Hey everyone. Merry Christmas! Hope you all have a great week.

The short film I scored ("The Fight Within") is now online. I used GPO. You can check it out at http://www.thefightwithinmovie.com/ - it is in quicktime format.

The music is quite subtle, but let me know what you think. Here's an extended track from the end of the film:

http://www.chrishurn.com/The%20Fight...%20Credits.mp3

The site isn't finished yet and there are some posters in develolment. Cheers!!

-Chris

Thumbs up Re: Short film I scored, up for download.

Chris at times it is so very tender and loving and others is so gut renchingly emotional, but over all it is extremely majestic in scope.

You are definitely a member of the "big boys league" when it comes to writing music. I pray the film brings you supernatural success in this field. I look forward to hearing more from you.

This is definetely "big screen" music.

This is a 10 clapper.

Re: Short film I scored, up for download.

Good job, Chris!

They do mention you in the film credits but not on the crew page of the site. I think they should.

On the homepage of the producer company there is even another composer mentioned for this film, Steven Dunster. A little confused, are they?

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

This is nice music, me likes The film is lucky to have it

On the homepage of the producer company there is even another composer mentioned for this film, Steven Dunster. A little confused, are they?
    That was the original composer, but he fell through. They still havent updated the site yet so I imagine they'll fix that up when the website is finished.

Thanks for the comments!!

-Chris

Chris, I do hope the producers know what they have, here:
    genuinely top-notch film work, I must say... executed
    with one of the surest, most able hands I've heard at it.

There's a subtle richness in this, perfectly paced; and the
    way you hang back on the reins, firmly bridling the flow of
    it, renders an emotive impact sixty measures of fff could
    never so fully bring across.

This is cinematic writing at its best, Chris. Congratulations
    on a job done not merely well, but with excellence.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hey Everyone, what's up Chris. It's Jay, the director/producer of the film. I just wanted to tell everyone how much of a pleasure it was working with Chris regarding the score. He truley is a gifted composer!

Hope everyone enjoyed the film.

Jay

Hey Jay!

Welcome to the forum! It was great working with you and of course I'd love to work on another one of your films anytime.

Cheers.

-Chris

Chris,

This is the first piece I've heard in a long time that really struck me. It's got a well defined theme that is beautiful and works. I'm very very picky with what I like but you've nailed it. Subtle strings with a message are much more powerful than any huge orchestral hit. Very James Newton-Howard-esque in my opinion.

...Not to mention the fact that it sounds INCREDIBLY realistic. I'm more excited than ever about my arriving copy of Finale 07 after hearing this. Thanks.

-Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast