• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please help!

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Please help!

I know this is the not the best of time to be seeking help but if anyone can chip in here please, I'd be really grateful.

I have the original GPO (4 disk set from early 2004) and the latest Finale 2007 disk (a pre-order copy). I want to end up with the latest and best of Finale 2007 and GPO on my new PC. I have downloaded the latest GPO108U_Setup. What do I need to do to get a successful install?

This morning, GPO asked me for a serial no but on a subsequent attempt to reinstall (yet again), it didn't. Is this because I've tried to reload too many times and if so, can anyone advise please.

Now GPO disk 1 is giving me \UNWISE.EXE can't be opened!

I see an upgrade is due very soon for the new player. Would it be better to wait for this in the hope it will provide a seamless upgrade experience?

Regards, Graham

Update, OK, I think part of the prob relates to uninstalls not completing the job, so I've manually deleted everything. I've ditched GPO for the moment and Finale is now loading and is working with it's limited GPO edition. I'll try reinstalling my GPO disks plus the update.

Re: Please help!

Graham,

Hello. I had a similar problem once. What I did was copy all four discs to a folder on my desktop, then ran the installer. It may fix your problem. Please keep us updated.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Graham,

Hello. I had a similar problem once. What I did was copy all four discs to a folder on my desktop, then ran the installer. It may fix your problem. Please keep us updated.

Jonny
    Thanks Jonny, I'll try that. I'm getting a little anxious because I think I run into problems if I end up having to take everything off again. If I recall correctly, Finale will only let you do this a few times. Last time this happened I ended up waiting for them to send me a disk to fix the registry. Over Christmas that would be a real pain.

If you have already authorized two computers and this is replacing one of them (or if you have a change in hardware where it is no longer recognized), you can go to Native Instruments Website(for GPO) and un-authorize a computer, then the authorization will work.

With Finale you have to call them to get one unauthorized, and they will get it ready to work on your new computer. Right after the phone call you can go register it and it will work.

Side note:

Do not miss installing the 12/15/2006 update to Finale,
    version 2007a. This one's essential.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum