• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB guitar - cc13 and special mapping

Share/Bookmark

JABB guitar - cc13 and special mapping

Dear all,

I am thrilled to have JABB this Christmas! Just trying to play the acoustic guitar now, sounds great, and i have these questions:

1. Have anyone tried cc13? According to the manual, it's 'Finger noise intensity'. I've tried it but nothing changed.
    2. What is special mapping? I have tried to press those keys (according to manual they are C7 - D#8, very high notes at the far end of the keyboard), also nothing happened.

thanks in advance for your help!!

Best wishes,
    PY

Re: JABB guitar - cc13 and special mapping

philiayuen,

You are missing the update documentation changes. One of the changes was the elimination of cc13 in the guitar. It was a redundant controller. Just using velocity was sufficient. Updates always supersede the manual information. You'll find the update documentation here: http://www.garritan.com/JABB/JABBUpdate_1.pdf

Now, as to the upper octave sounds: Are you sure you are actually playing C7 to D#8? Check this by loading the guitar into the first slot of the player. The active keys will be displayed in blue on the keyboard at the bottom of the player. On the left lower portion of the player click on the right-hand octave arrow until is shows "+5 oct." Now mouse click the group of blue keys at the far right of the keyboard. You should hear an assortment of guitar finger noises. Once you have established that, play from your hardware controller keyboard. The notes you play will appear on the JABB player keyboard as depressed keys. That way you can identify the location of the notes you need to send to trigger those upper octave sounds. Record those notes to a MIDI track in your sequencer to identify what octave name they are given in your particular sequencer.

Tom

Re: JABB guitar - cc13 and special mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Now, as to the upper octave sounds: Are you sure you are actually playing C7 to D#8? Check this by loading the guitar into the first slot of the player. The active keys will be displayed in blue on the keyboard at the bottom of the player. On the left lower portion of the player click on the right-hand octave arrow until is shows "+5 oct." Now mouse click the group of blue keys at the far right of the keyboard. You should hear an assortment of guitar finger noises. Once you have established that, play from your hardware controller keyboard. The notes you play will appear on the JABB player keyboard as depressed keys. That way you can identify the location of the notes you need to send to trigger those upper octave sounds. Record those notes to a MIDI track in your sequencer to identify what octave name they are given in your particular sequencer.

Tom
    Tom, I've had similar problems with the guitars. In fact, throughout GPO and JABB, I have only had a problem with the guitars. I'm not in my studio at the moment so I cannot specify the exact issue, but it sounds very similar.

Go Back to forum